Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old railway bridge stone suitable for house?

Options
  • 23-04-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm about to put in the planning for my house in meath area. Im in two minds weather to finish the house in stone or not. It's a 1900sq 2 story house.there will be 170 sq of stone work needed. The was an old railway bridge on our land that was knocked. There is easily enough stone to complete the house. they range from massive cut stones (size of a washing machine) to small. The only thing is the stone is extremely dark grey. Would anyone have any experience using bridge stone before and it's suitability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Post a few pics of the stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davykeating

yea I was going to put a picture up with the post but couldnt figure out how. how do you post pictures. Thanks

Click the 'Post Reply' button. Then on the window that appears click the 'Attachments' button...

I in the post reply section now and my only options are to type in text and to add smiley faces etc. I'm using my phone and not the laptop could that be the problem

I in the post reply section now and my only options are to type in text and to add smiley faces etc. I'm using my phone and not the laptop could that be the problem

Yes possibly.

If the stone is a dark grey colour then your house may look a bit dull, especially when wet. It may also look monotonous. If you have pics of the bridge before it was knocked that would be useful also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

You also have the cost issue to consider. While you have the stone you will have to pay for the labour involved in cladding the house which will be more expensive than typical render.

yea i have priced the stone work its working out at 10 thousand more that standard finish.

i have pictures of the stone and the elevation of the house on my computer but i cant seem to see how to add them to a post. im on my laptop now and still cant find the attachment section

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i have pictures of the stone and the elevation of the house on my computer but i cant seem to see how to add them to a post. im on my laptop now and still cant find the attachment section

you might not be able to do that until you have 50 post i think

yea thats exactly the problem. if someone would be so kind as to pm me there email and put them up for me that would be brilliant. i dont want to spam to get me to 50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Upload them to wthax.org, then copy and paste the links to your post. You'll have to leave a space in the link as you don't have 50 posts yet..

Advertisement