Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upvc widow's. changing colour

• 22-04-2015 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Just a quick question. I have white PVC windows in my house and wabt to know is there anyway of changing the colour or am I stuck with this horrible white colour unless I change windows

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

soccercrew wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I have white PVC windows in my house and wabt to know is there anyway of changing the colour or am I stuck with this horrible white colour unless I change windows

It's a matter of getting the paint to stick. Google Sandtex PVC-U primer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Clean the frames down with a rag and some white spirit.

Give them a coat of BIN primer.

Then a coat of undercoat

Then finish with two coats of gloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soccercrew

Clean the frames down with a rag and some white spirit.

Give them a coat of BIN primer.

Then a coat of undercoat

Then finish with two coats of gloss.

are you sure this will work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

are you sure this will work

Yes.

I done my own seven Years ago. Still perfect, although a bit faded.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Isn't there a company that does this too?
    I often see a poster around Dublin with the slogan"why change your windows, let us paint them" or something along those lines.

• Advertisement

Yes.

I done my own seven Years ago. Still perfect, although a bit faded.

any pics ?

might go the full hog and paint gutters,fasica and soffit aswell

Advertisement