Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW - Not a Customer

Options
  • 18-09-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Tried to read through the 89 pages on Water, but couldn't find an answer!

We are not an IW customer - ie own water supply and own septic tank. Do we have to respond to the form - is it a legal document?

What happens if we don't respond?

My hubby looks on this document as a phising exercise and can see no relevance to people who have their own water supply and own septic tank.

Any legal views please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

maxim wrote: »

We are not an IW customer - ie own water supply and own septic tank. Do we have to respond to the form - is it a legal document?

My hubby looks on this document as a phising exercise and can see no relevance to people who have their own water supply and own septic tank.

Any legal views please?

Don't think anyone here can give legal advice.

You will get a mixture between "freeman of the land" rubbish that says you don't have to fill out anything and others who view every form as requiring a signature. Best if you ask your own solicitor or ring Irish Water and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I think your fine.

If IW are not managing your waste or drinking water, then like any utility company you arent a customer of, they are nothing to worry about.

File it under 'R' for Arrivederci!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

maxim wrote: »

Any legal views please?
    Not a legal view, but one of the options on the application is to tell them that you're not a customer. I'm in the same boat - group water scheme and septic tank - so I'll be telling them that I'm not a customer.

Now, you could decide not to tell them anything, but there's a possibility that that will result in you being sent a bill in error, at which point you'll still be in the position of having to tell them you're not a customer - so why not just do it now?

Advertisement