Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Works: Canal bank and tow path

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I should have put this up last week.

Call out there on Saturday if you have any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

They could start by doing more to stop skangers on quad bikes from tearing up and down the path by the river.

Biggest challenge is cleaning up the canal which is a disgrace and something the city should be ashamed of. In any other country the canal from the Shannon to the bottom of Clare St (at the Abbey River) would be a major local and tourist amenity. In Limerick it's used as a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

The Civic trust are doing a nice job at the minute.They should improve the stretch beyond the top of the canal heading towards UL,gets very mucky and full of puddles after rain.No point in planting new trees or putting in fishing platforms,bins or nice lighting until the scumbags are drowned in the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

I don`t have anything to do with the upgrading works, I just put that up to let people know that a consultation process is ongoing.

You have made some valid suggestions, however, they would be more effective if you called out and let your viewpoint be heard.
    I`m sure you can contact them and let them know through their office in the City Council: http://www.limerick.ie/smartertravel/

Seriously, tell the people who are going to do the job, what you want. If no-one tells them anything, no-one has the right to complain if they make a balls of it. That`s what they are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

theparish wrote: »
    The Civic trust are doing a nice job at the minute.

Think its worth mentioning that another group, The Limerick Riverpath Volunteers, have been busy down by the canal in recent weeks. They cleaned up the banks of the canal from around Richmond RFC as far as the Clare Street entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Hello.

I should have put this up last week.

Call out there on Saturday if you have any suggestions

This event has been cancelled.

You can still drop them (Limerick SmarterTravel) a line through facebook, email, phone 061 407455, or call in to their office at the Granary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement