Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL 2000 Maintanance Plan

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Lads I've set up a new Maintanance Plan on my sql2000 server but I can only seem to send the backup files to a local disk, which might cause issues with space, I can't seem to acces mapped network drives from the Maintanance setup, anybody got any work arounds for this so I can send the backup files off to a remote file server on the network ??

21/25

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Options

dumps compress very well - format the folder NTFS

7za is the command line option of 7zip - will shrink them even more

A scheduled task with a robocopy script to MOVe the files to a different drive
    one line and if you stick it in a batch file you can edit the batch file instead of the scheduled task

Advertisement