Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it Real or Fake site for products ?

• 16-03-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just came across this website through one of the mail forwards.
    Wanted to check with you all whether this is real or fake. Would like to know if any one have bought any gadgets of this site.
    http://www.fescx.com/

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Try using google and looking for reviews from other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

definitely very dodgy. using a hotmail address as customer service is a dead giveaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yeah, I wouldn't...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi All,

Wanted to check with you all whether this is real or fake. Would like to know if any one have bought any gadgets of this site.

Thank you

It was registered only a few weeks ago as well and only for 1 year. I'd avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I wouldn't buy anything there even with your credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Go into "about us" and read what they have to say!!! Its hilarious

BTW id avoid this site like the plague!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

definitly some thing odd about it. Wouldn`t touch it . If they were a large company they would not be using a hotmail address also their company description seems suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

Thanks guys.
    Would avoid and ask others to avoid this fake/dodgy website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hi All,

Thank you
    Came across this myself, has all the characteristics of a dogy site. There should be a sticky of tech stores to avoid, it would be helpful for those who'd be none the wiser...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

lol
    ''credit is the first, customers are our god.''

this just cracks me up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 dogdig

If it looks too good to be true - it usually is!

Wouldnt touch 'em with a bargepole!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

no i wouldn't , i never like seeing websites that have there email from hotmail or gmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Oh entirely legit. Check out their "Motorcycles" section for amazing bargains!

Ducati Superbike 1098 2007 Member: 3820 EUR VIP: 3498 EUR

2007 Yamaha Star Roadliner S Member: 1880 EUR VIP: 1650 EUR

Or a Goldwing for 3k.

What a scoop!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pleasebewarned

This is the same company that used to trade under the name mmhdf and it's a complete scam.

They have infultrated thousands of computers removing all the email addresses and have then sent out emails to these addresses suggesting that the sender has found a good company who trades mainly in electronic goods.

Their latest scam reads :

Dear friend,
    i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.
    Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at itscost.
    They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products
    of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!
    The web address: www.fescx.com

I can assure you that this is a complete scam, since I recently fell for it purchasing a £2800 video camera for £380. They answer every question you ask and appear most efficient and helpful, but as soon as the receive the monies they vanish into the dust and refuse to respond.

PLEASE BELIEVE ME......this is a very large scam, and I don't want to see anyone else parting with their hard earn't cash.

You may be interested to read a blogg form another unfortunate person.

This company operates a known scam : They hack Hotmail and Yahoo accounts to send spam to everyone in the address books of the hacked accounts. When people see a "recommendation" supposedly from someone they know and actually place an order and pay for it they'll never see the goods.

The same criminal gang has been doing this using several different website names for over a year already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

I can assure you that this is a complete scam, since I recently fell for it

Filed under 'there's one born every day' category :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emti

I've just received the email listed earlier for this company. Now, it says it captures your address book. Does it do this if you just open their webpage, or do you have to buy something for it to get to your addresses?
    Yes, I'm that green on hacking:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

emti wrote: »
    I've just received the email listed earlier for this company. Now, it says it captures your address book. Does it do this if you just open their webpage, or do you have to buy something for it to get to your addresses?
    Yes, I'm that green on hacking:o
    WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

LMAO @ this thread,whoever fell for that scam is clearly an idiot!

This is the same company that used to trade under the name mmhdf and it's a complete scam.

They have infultrated thousands of computers removing all the email addresses and have then sent out emails to these addresses suggesting that the sender has found a good company who trades mainly in electronic goods.

Their latest scam reads :

Dear friend,
    i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.
    Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at itscost.
    They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products
    of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!
    The web address: www.fescx.com

I can assure you that this is a complete scam, since I recently fell for it purchasing a £2800 video camera for £380. They answer every question you ask and appear most efficient and helpful, but as soon as the receive the monies they vanish into the dust and refuse to respond.

PLEASE BELIEVE ME......this is a very large scam, and I don't want to see anyone else parting with their hard earn't cash.

You may be interested to read a blogg form another unfortunate person.

This company operates a known scam : They hack Hotmail and Yahoo accounts to send spam to everyone in the address books of the hacked accounts. When people see a "recommendation" supposedly from someone they know and actually place an order and pay for it they'll never see the goods.

The same criminal gang has been doing this using several different website names for over a year already.

This is the message I was referring to. I didn't say I "fell for it", just asking a simple question, I thought. Truly wasn't expecting those type answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Ah come on now lads,look at what they have going for them :pac:
    The quality of our products is the best, our service is perfect, and our price is the best, the speed of our shipping is very fast.

• Advertisement

All I was asking is, how & when do they "capture you address book".

Just a simple question, I thought.

Oh well, never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

Oh well, never mind.

probaly from sending you an email which is then opened.

DONT OPEN EMAILS IF YOU DONT RECOGNISE THE SENDER

1800 euro for a honda goldwing!!if they can get people to pay that(and think its genuine)they deserve it!

internet darwinism at its best:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Oh well, never mind.

They don't I suspect. Far more likely they contract to botnet controllers, whose trojans do the address book grabbing.

Is anyone brave enough to admit to having placed an order - and what was the outcome?
    :)

dogdig wrote: »
    Is anyone brave enough to admit to having placed an order - and what was the outcome?

:o

Anyone want a honda goldwing....will have it for you next week(apparently):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The quality of our products is the best, our service is perfect, and our price is the best, the speed of our shipping is very fast.

We have our own warehouse and stores, we have clients all over the world, and we have been received very high praise from our customers.

If you have some suggestions about our products or our service, please tell us ,and we must accept and improve ,and appreciate you very much. we hope we can cooperate happily in the long term.

Our belief: credit is the first, customers are our god.

What could possibly go wrong?

Ah come on - who's been had?
    We wont tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eshortie

A Canon 1DS 16.7Megapixel SLR for €1548 haha. They're like €5000!

"we have been received very high praise from our customers. "

Haha back to school for these jokers

• Advertisement
Advertisement