Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old people do weird things

• 21-12-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Yes they do.

For instance my grandmother shreds all letters with her address (nothing else mind, there is a huge pile of bills and receipts next to the shredder more than enough for some nice identity fraud) on them. Why? If you were to come to the bins and root through them would you not know the address first? WTF?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fraudsters need the bill as proof of address.

So eh, fail.

The weirdest thing old people do is that thing when they stop breathing, freaks me out every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

They also go to mass.

Something to do, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Envelopes she shreds. I don't get it at all. Also she keeps all the bills in a massive pile next to the shredder, thats what makes it weird :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

When I get old, I don't want to smell like wee.
    That's the worst about old people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Envelopes she shreds. I don't get it at all. Also she keeps all the bills in a massive pile next to the shredder, thats what makes it weird :confused:

Something to while away her last couple of years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

WHAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

It's only weird if they're lower or middle class. Wealthy old people are eccentric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

She shreds the envelopes and not the bills?

Maybe she was waiting for you to shred the bills for her;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

When they go out shopping for hours in town and come back with just a spud,or other weird single items,like tip-ex,thats weird

WHAT?

WHAT ?

• Advertisement

WHAT ?

Come again.*

*that's what she said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

WHAT?
    WHAT ?

erm...

had something witty to say when I hit reply but it's gone...

Go gal...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Old people shít themselves more than not so old people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I also saw my nextdoor neighbour, who is 82, have someone come to clean the roof of her house with a power washer. Why? Why? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Old people have really big ears yet they can't hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I also saw my nextdoor neighbour, who is 82, have someone come to clean the roof of her house with a power washer. Why? Why? Why?

wtf???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yes they do.

For instance my grandmother shreds all letters with her address (nothing else mind, there is a huge pile of bills and receipts next to the shredder more than enough for some nice identity fraud) on them. Why? If you were to come to the bins and root through them would you not know the address first? WTF?

Tell her to save it all and burn on a cold night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Did anyone ever have an incident, where they thought they were going to fart, but then they ended up shítting their pants instead.

This thread reminds me of it really...

WHAT?
    WHAT ?
    javaboy wrote: »
    Come again*

*that's what she said

Pfft , it was your CODE word.:P

Pfft , it was your CODE word.:P

You mean "safety word"? That's Bananarama btw.

• Advertisement

You mean "safety word"? That's Bananarama btw.

I apeel to you , not to put words in my mouth.

Terry , check the time of this post.
    YOU are out enjoying yourself , and we are here keeping boards alive , while you are gone.:pac:

So , no telling us off .

Hope you had a good time.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Picking up one cent coins, but spending a great great deal of effort, time and risk, bending over in traffic etc., to do it.

Carol! They just mentioned you on the Family Man.

WHAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Old people have been around much longer than the rest of us so anything they so I'm sure they have a good reason for doing it, and if not, why be bothered about it, as long as it makes them happy. Do you really want to see a load of pissed off old people ...........:D go BC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Redpunto wrote: »
    Old people have been around much longer than the rest of us so anything they so I'm sure they have a good reason for doing it, and if not, why be bothered about it, as long as it makes them happy. Do you really want to see a load of pissed off old people ...........:D go BC

Spot on!! :)

I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

Redpunto wrote: »

What are pissed off old people going to do to ya?!Stick on Emmerdale,give em a cuppa tea and a slice of brown bread and they wouldent even look at ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

my nana wipes her tea spoons on her slip...thats fairly strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bloodedrose

I seriously cannot wait til I am really old. I will be able to do whatever I want, and no-one will be able to say anything to me.

I will be seriously mad, I will keep spare change in a shoe-box in the cat-basket. I will hang used tea bags on a string across my living room. I will shred newspapers with articles that mention people with a similar name to mine, in case someone steals my identity.

It. Will. Be. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My grandmother waters down washing-up liquid to make it last longer. I don't geddit. Why doesn't she just use less of it? :confused:

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote: »
    My grandmother waters down washing-up liquid to make it last longer. I don't geddit. Why doesn't she just use less of it? :confused:

Actually she's right to do that. Fairy has become so concentrated that at certain times e.g. washing only one item, it is impossible to squeeze out a small enough amount. Try washing one single teaspoon with Fairy and tell me there wasn't wasted washing up liquid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

My grandad spent over 50 euro on bird feed, Hes obsessed with the birds out his back lately, The amount of bird seed thingy's hanging about the back of the garden.

It reminds me of Tony Soprano with the ducks...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Actually she's right to do that. Fairy has become so concentrated that at certain times e.g. washing only one item, it is impossible to squeeze out a small enough amount. Try washing one single teaspoon with Fairy and tell me there wasn't wasted washing up liquid. :D

But she waters it down so much that you can't just get a little drip of it to ooze out of the bottle, a load of it flows out and its probably more wasteful than if she never diluted it!!

But you can't explain these thing to old people, can you, it just wouldn't be respeckful :(

cornbb wrote: »
    But she waters it down so much that you can't just get a little drip of it to ooze out of the bottle, a load of it flows out and its probably more wasteful than if she never diluted it!!

But you can't explain these thing to old people, can you, it just wouldn't be respeckful :(

If you question there ways they start saying how they would be better off dead,that they would be less hassle to the world!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

juuge wrote: »
    Old people have really big ears yet they can't hear.

Oh how that made me laaaaaaaaagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I was queuing in for the toilet in Arnotts the other day and this old lady walked outta the loo, washed her hands, POPPED HER FALSE TEETH OUT OF HER MOUTH AND STARTED TO WASH THEM!!!!
    I could not stop laughing.
    Pure manky!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

My granny used to bang pots off the wall when she was farting so you couldn't hear the farting noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

My grandad used to sleep with his eyes open, really freaky stuff.
    He could be asleep in the chair but just staring at you, used to weird me
    out when I was young. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Feelgood wrote: »

Is he still there on the chair with his eyes open? You might want to check on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Oh how that made me laaaaaaaaagh

and replace u's for loads of a's!
    Is he still there on the chair with his eyes open? You might want to check on him.

lmao..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Feelgood wrote: »
    So... My grandad used to sleep with loads of little boys... but he "left" the priesthood shortly after so he stopped.

Aids as karma isn't always funny!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement