Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW38 - Match day thread #BoardsFSA v #Burnley #FPLAcademy Team Cup Final

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Team competitions are great craic!

Certainly are!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Finished 227 overall. Weird season only having gameweek ranks inside the top 100k three times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭Invincible

Finished on 2179 pts = 13982 OR

Last season 2484pts , so massive scoring drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Highest rank of season 16k.
    Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done. Great shout on Walcott. I went for Young and Lukaku and both failed miserably.

he is an old favourite of mine would be the first player in my team if he played regularly. I expected a goal from him today stuff of dreams him getting a hat trick. Nice for you to get 400 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Poor season overall. Finished around 68,000. But came 3rd in my money league so silver linings and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Finished in 1422 position dropped about 300 places today. Won my money league handy 2nd year in a row. Little disappointed not regaining a top 1000 place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

OR 4160 delighted made money, interestingly 40 points less than last year when I finished 113k. Thanks to everyone for all the advice especially Jimmi can't remember why but he(presumably) pointed me in the right direction. It's been a blast!

patmac wrote: »
    OR 4160 delighted made money, interestingly 40 points less than last year when I finished 113k. Thanks to everyone for all the advice especially Jimmi can't remember why but he(presumably) pointed me in the right direction. It's been a blast!

Lol thanks! Thats some jump in rankings nice one! Was it Schlupperman pretty happy with his returns for the last while after pushing him quite a lot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

45 points. Finish at 16k. Worst finish in five seasons but it'll do. Aim a few weeks back was top 20k.

My wife won her league and I won a couple of leagues too so we're quids in with over a grand. She finished at 4836 so at least one of us managed the top 5k finish.

The funny thing is with all this talk of differentials, the key performers for me today were Aguero, Hazard and Kane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

45 points sees me up 12 places to 238th OR, that pays my entry to the next 50 years of the boards.ie pay league!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    Jumped 1100 places today to finish at a season high 2,224th delighted with that but not as much as wining the Academy cup!!

2263 points is my second highest after the crazy season that was 09/10 2326 was only good for 12k back then madness!
    Team competitions are great craic!

So you guys won it ?! Bravo!

---

My 44 pts (as FPL discovery top 10k average indicated) was enough to secure a top 10k finish. Even got a green arrow and finished on a season high :D.

So 9152 is my overall finish. And after such a difficult season where I've constantly been chasing from my poor start, my consistent captain failures and my uninspired feelings transfer wise early on ; where I had to fight my way back slowly but steadily, trying to keep a cool head and avoid the knee-jerk furious relief reactions ; where I thought it was all over again after my ignorance of DGW31 which costed me about 40 pts ; my late run of 7 green arrows in a row (my best of the season) pushed me into the promised land of the 4 digits finish. *delight* :D.

In hindsight, I think I'll take more satisfaction from this season than from last year's highest ever finish one (1663rd) where I managed to get there early on and stayed up the whole season. This year, I really had to fight my way back up like a warrior. Makes this 4 digit finish even more enjoyable :D.

Also delighted to get a podium finish in the FSA Prem.

Oh and a final thing. Well done to you boards FSAers. The amount of 5, 4, 3 and even 2 digits finish that are being displayed in the last couple of pages is insane :eek:! I repeat myself but what a standard we've built over the years here. Actually can we see our Boards FSA league rankings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Live pictures from the Boards FSA team celebrations :)

wasted-people-drunk-4.jpg

iroced wrote: »
    So you guys won it ?! Bravo!

Yep it was pretty comfortable in the end they took hits so we started with a 12 points lead and the smallest the gap got was 7 points then Aguero scored and we had a lot more of him than them so that really made the difference.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

45(-4) saw an almost inperceptable drop down to 58,299. Worst finish in 4 seasons.

Was fúcked by a terrible Christmas run which saw me fall from 44k in week 16 to 267k in week 22. Never recovered properly from that.

Glad the season is over. Not expecting much better next season that said. Will be away the whole of August and going into the final year of my PhD, I just won't have time to dedicate to it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Any word on CSF after his Walcott wonder transfer?

Was in Birmingham at the Villa game so unfortunately wasn't able to go wild in here.

I was getting texts off one of my friends in the first half telling me about it. Genuinely didn't believe him until I went out to the TVs at HT and saw Sky Sports News for each goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

11k rise on the week and 50k rise over the last 4 weeks to finish on 76k, nice. Did a lot more right than I did wrong this season, captain choice was my Achilles heel. Some insane scoring on here ;) But as ever a pleasure, see ye some time in August!

Highlight of the season: can be none other than Mr P's stick-tacular PVA gw37 captain success

Hopes for next season: The return to FPL of heroes of yesteryear John Ruddy & Micky T

And maybe a slightly higher finish ;)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

40 points sees me finish 5091 OR on 2229. Highest OR ever, and highest points total. Aim at the start of the season was to finish top 10k, so deep down I am happy to finish where I did. Can't help but be slightly disappointed not to managed a top 5k finish.

Main con:
    At the end of GW 22, I was inside the top 600 OR. My Jan wildcard backfired completely, and 8 GWs later I was down to 9.5k. So that's one thing I'll be looking to improve next season.

Main pro:
    I think I've figured out my style: the slow and steady, safe transfers, safe captain picks suit me. Any time I try anything even close to a punt, it back fires. Tried to be clever in the WC by bringing in Johnson and Pelle, and it went horribly wrong. The slow and steady approach got me into the top 1k, and for some reason I changed that!

Anyway I really enjoyed the season, and am looking forward to next season already. Well done to everyone on here, some absolutely brilliant rankings!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

31 points. GW Rank of 2.6 million. Final rank of 14,957.

Oh dear it wasn't meant to end like this :pac:

Time to go back and read over the thread. Walcott (fair play to those who got him in and or captained him, CSF I think anyway) and Diouf will haunt me, even Kramaric scored it seems :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

37 points sees me finish with a red arrow and an OR of 54k. On the plus side I won my mini league by a solitary point having being over 100 points off the pace before Christmas. :)

Well done to all here. Some fantastic scores achieved. Til next season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

47 (-4). Moved 40 places up to 2423 OR.

Great season:

Last night was discussing how Walcott is not in good form yet.
    How wrong I was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ended up on 49 points, and sneaked a 3 point in on Bohman :)

OR of 31,754 which is highest ever.

Wes Morgan of Leicester - what a guy - 50 points in 7 GW's - who would have thought that doubling up on Leicester defenders + vardy could be so rewarding in the last few GW's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only joined the game in gane week 18 so mlby default I got lumped into some mini league of others who did the same.

Think there's about 37k of us. Finished 4th OR in that but I was joint 1st going into the last week so a bit disappointed but can't wait to have a crack at a full season and maybe give the sky sports FF a break next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

https://twitter.com/EmKWhy/status/602742548235419649

On mobile, don't know how this will turn out.

EDIT:
    Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

37 (-4). Awful final week sees first red arrow in 8 weeks.

Finished at 470k. This is my second year playing and it's a disappointing finish - far down on my 160k finish last year. Won my private league though is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

51 (-4) points this week see me finish in 16K OR.

Happy with that as most years I give up after Christmas when I'm miles behind in my leagues. Finished all my leagues in 1st or 2nd this year. Nice one.

Highlight for me has to be Week 18 when the Gods smiled on me and I got 113 points which was 286th overall for that week!

Got very lucky with captains which makes a massive difference, getting 11 green arrows in the last 13 game weeks, taking me from 63k to 16k.

F1ngers wrote: »
    On mobile, don't know how this will turn out.

EDIT:
    Fixed.

What do you mean? You worried we won't get medals!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

46 points to end the season at 3567 :D. Absolutely delighted for my first full season. Beat my man too :P.

Finished just outside the promotion spots in the FSA qualifying league in 5th place. Don't have too many regrets since I thought a bad January ended my hopes in this league. I finished well and now I'm first on the waiting list :p. Happy enough with that :).

jimmii wrote: »
    What do you mean? You worried we won't get medals!

No, I quoted the tweet and embedded it on my phone - didn't work.
    Got to pc and fixed it so tweet can be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I can only laugh. Lost my mini-league by a point. My main rival brought in Walcott for Ozil. :P I was 18 ahead and he outscored me by 19.

At one stage after the games, Vardy lost a bonus point which put us level, but then Kane got another bonus.

Learned some valuable lessons this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

A below average week (33) to end a below average season for me.

Finished on 2,133 points and in 44,139th place. A significant drop from last seasons 3,412th place finish.

Never really got going this year and had a number of personal upheavals that saw me take my eye off the ball in the game.

Next season will be far better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Woohoo. Got a text today from the Longford Town pay league lads telling me that I came third another €30. Had stopped keeping an eye on that league ages ago. :)

I kept that one to myself as the money was for a rival club!! Edgbaston won it of course! :( That lad is up a serious few bob from LOI FPL Leagues!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Found out today that I won a trip to a PL game next season for winning the An Pucan league in Galway.

Found out today that I won a trip to a PL game next season for winning the An Pucan league in Galway.

Bournemouth vs Norwich :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was in that league myself...was quite competitive until the end. Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I miss FPL. :(

What the hell am I going to do for 3 months..

Nib wrote: »

The league is back on August 8 so you're looking at two months and maybe only 1.5 months until you can pick your team.

Nib wrote: »

There is a fantasy u21 game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Finished at 23K in the end, not where i was hoping for i dropped from 13K down to 23K with a score of 28 to finish the season. So much for my top 10K finish :o

Still though, that's my highest finish since i began playing so i'm happy enough

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

We totally should get medals for the FSA Leagues this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    We totally should get medals for the FSA Leagues this year!!
    I would like that. Anyone out there who is a bit more reliable than me at sourcing and not losing these medals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I would think of contacting boards top brass to award virtual medals as part of our profile.

CSF wrote: »
    I would like that. Anyone out there who is a bit more reliable than me at sourcing and not losing these medals?

The local sports shop do a nice medal for €1.50! We buy them for the kids at GAA the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    The local sports shop do a nice medal for €1.50! We buy them for the kids at GAA the whole time.

Ah Jesus, there's a great gag to be had from this if only I could think of it:pac:
    In fact there must be dozens

Advertisement