Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Cooking club week 23: Creamy pasta with salmon and broccoli

• 07-06-2010 6:16pm

Hey guys,

I had many ideas for this but in the end, since I'm doing exams, I decided to do something really super easy but really yummy, it's basically my favourite comfort food. I will post up pics when I find my camera cable thing!

INGREDIENTS (Serves 3-4):

10oz penne pasta
    A head of broccoli cut into small florets
    2 big salmon fillets
    150g packet of soft cheese with garlic and herbs (Philadelphia do one, also you can add your own crushed garlic and mixed herbs to plain cheese)
    Carton of single cream

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Start cooking the pasta according to the instructions and add the broccoli for the last 3 mins of cooking.
    2) Meanwhile, put the salmon in a frying pan, season with black pepper and just cover with water. Bring to the boil then simmer for around 6 minutes until the salmon flakes easily
    3) Transfer the salmon to a plate and keep it warm.
    4) Mix the soft cheese/garlic/herbs and single cream in a saucepan and simmer for a few minutes until it's a smooth sauce.
    5) Drain the salmon and broccoli and pour into the pan with the cheesy sauce.
    6) Use a fork to flake the salmon into large chunks and mix into the pasta, broccoli and sauce.
    7) Season with black pepper and serve.

It's really simple but I think it's actually really really nice, I hope you like it too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Hi Jimena Lively Volt

This one is on the menu for me for Saturday or Sunday. I'll let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Eating right now, 'tis goot. I think I'll use my own herb mix instead of the ready made philidelphia one (was being lazy).

• Sorry for the lack of pics, still can't find the cable. It is indeed nicer if you do the herb bit yourself but I'm always too lazy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It sounds really lovely, but I don't like salmon or broccoli :(. I'm going to forward the recipe to a few people though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

It turned out very nice, and you're right, it was really simple to make.

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=6554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Thanks for the receipe, made it the other night and its nice. I used the Philadelphia, but next time guna make my own as found that phili a little tasteless tbh, think I just prefer a stronger herby flavour. But great idea for salmon, and handy you can just pop the broccoli in with the pasta, very easy to make, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Made this earlier and really enjoyed it! I used wholewheat pasta and skimmed milk instead of cream to lower the fat content, but it was still lovely. Will be making it again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Made this today, only thought about taking a photo when it was all gone! it was gorgeous, will defo make it agian! switched broccoli for spinach instead and a tiny bit of milk instead of the cream to lower the points for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Made this today (was waiting untill my broccoli grew !!!)
    I used smoked salmon instead of fresh salmon. Very quick and tasty recipe Jimena Lively Volt, thanks.

244qfee.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Was thinking of making this with smoked salmon too, did you just throw it in from the packet when cooked?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Yep, I just chopped it into strips and added it to the sauce just before adding the pasta. I used loads of dill with it as it goes great with smoked salmon. and a squeeze of lemon at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'm just missing the brocolli!! Then I'm set to make dinner!! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Wow! Yum Yum Yum :)

I made this last night, it was lovely.

The only thing I changed was:

Instead of cooking the broccoli for 3 mins, I just cut it up and put the florets in a bowl of boiling water for about a min, then strained and added to pan with the rest of ingredients. The broccoli stays crunchy!

Great recipe, I am now addicted to it I reckon.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Had this for dinner tonight - we both really enjoyed it! It would definitely be nicer with fresh herbs and garlic but that would take away some of the convenience. I'll definitely make it again

Advertisement