Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I imagine it would be very hard to find parts for the ZR should things go wrong and they are troublesome I think

You're imaginings and thoughts are off the mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

RoverJames wrote: »
    After 12 months and 11k miles of service she's off to a new home..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4779666

View2-18591285.jpeg

Scrap it

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Scrap it

The sister would sooner recoup most of the cost price tbh :)
    But I can see where you're coming from :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The sister would sooner recoup most of the cost price tbh :)
    But I can see where you're coming from :pac:

Tbh that's a good car if someone wants a few cheap months motoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I imagine it would be very hard to find parts for the ZR should things go wrong and they are troublesome I think

I would think a troublesome model would have lots of parts available if u think about it - eh?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Pity about the interior but looks in lovely condition.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4710196

Full-18235777.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

A bit rough but has 5 months test and only €575 :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4781748

Full-18601256.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4787921

ViewThumb-18632797.jpeg

Guys, whats the consensus on these? I need a car for college in September and was thinking I could do a few bits and bobs that are required/if required.

First looks are;

Bodywork seems straight.
    Pretty clean.
    Motortax.ie has no complaints.
    Has one odd alloy.

Anyone else got anything on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4787921

ViewThumb-18632797.jpeg

Guys, whats the consensus on these? I need a car for college in September and was thinking I could do a few bits and bobs that are required/if required.

First looks are;

Bodywork seems straight.
    Pretty clean.
    Motortax.ie has no complaints.
    Has one odd alloy.

Anyone else got anything on these?

Looks ok to me , and good for the asking price but ask the seller "what did it fail the NCT on " and see what they say , they mightn't have bothered trying or you might get the truth.

Guys, whats the consensus on these?........

Decent yokes to be fair, could well not need a whole pile done to it. In fairness the add says Call for more information so they might well tell you what they know/reckon it needs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

After 12 months and 11k miles of service she's off to a new home..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4779666

View2-18591285.jpeg

Should be used as a template on how to write an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

00833827 wrote: »
    Only saw one of these at lunch time - not many knocking around now - ment to be very decent on juice. A lot of lads in the UK that run on chip oil like these old Citreon's

Not in a hdi, the old school 1.9td will run a treat on it.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Should be used as a template on how to write an ad.

Thanks very much.

Nice couple bought it, came up from Mallow this evening so was fairly sure they'd take it as the pictures showed the worst of it.

They were giving me the full asking price, told them that most Irish folk build in a little haggling room and that €450 would be fine. Sister would have been happy with €400 so €450 suits all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Thanks very much.

Nice couple bought it, came up from Mallow this evening so was fairly sure they'd take it as the pictures showed the worst of it.

They were giving me the full asking price, told them that most Irish folk build in a little haggling room and that €450 would be fine. Sister would have been happy with €400 so €450 suits all :)

Nice to see everyone selling a car isnt a thieving wanker:)

I would have taken full asking and given them something back for luck, different method same result, nice one RJ.

pred racer wrote: »
    ........... nice one RJ.

Sister's money :pac:

They were really nice folk though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,886 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks very much.

Honest decent banger, taxed, maintained and NCTd. Well worth the full €500!

Things have changed so much over the last few years, some of us are forgetting that a similar car would have made €2k 10 years ago. In fact a similar car would still make that kinda money in most countries on the continent...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fair play RJ, I bet that was one happy couple. Grand old bus, she'd probably go another 10 years without much effort.

unkel wrote: »
    ...... some of us are forgetting that a similar car would have made €2k 10 years ago.................

Yep, back in 1999 I paid IR£1500 for my first car, was just over half what similar aged Corolla etc were going for.

Apologies for the off topic but sure a pic always helps...

414si.jpg

Actually 20 ish months later in 2001 I sold that for about IR£700 when it was 11, jap stuff obviously was again almost double at that time too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I actually saw one of those Rovers today in estate guise and thought I couldn't remember when the last time I saw one was.... :o

dgt wrote: »
    ..... one of those Rovers today in estate guise ..........

They're quite nice imo, I'd buy one if I saw one for sale, 416s had a Honda engine, 420s the t series rover and the diesel were XUD powered :)

A nice Volvo...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4725845

View2-18318940.jpeg

• Advertisement

Yep, back in 1999 I paid IR£1500 for my first car, was just over half what similar aged Corolla etc were going for.

9 years old? Sounds about right. Housemates girlfriend bought an '87 Starlet in '95 (8 years old) for £3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

9 years old? Sounds about right. Housemates girlfriend bought an '87 Starlet in '95 (8 years old) for £3k.

You'd be doing well to get an 05 yaris for that to be fair

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You'd be doing well to get an 05 yaris for that to be fair

For nearly €4k?

You're probably right. The Toyota Yaris is the only second hand car in Ireland that has completely dodged the recession :D

(and people buying them paying silly money are fools, just don't tell them)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

For nearly €4k?

You're probably right. The Toyota Yaris is the only second hand car in Ireland that has completely dodged the recession :D

(and people buying them paying silly money are fools, just don't tell them)
    Really? I think people who buy these are quiet sensible. Yes they will pay a high purchase price but come resale time they will have no problem selling it on and usually for a good chunk of what they paid for it. On top of all that they are the best supermini money can buy with top notch build quality and reliability and cheap and easy maintenance.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I couldnt believe the price of the yaris when I went looking for a car for a friend of mine but she insisted she wanted a yaris and nothing else.. We looked at lots of 99 ones and the price was unreal, Some were 1600 others 1200 we found a nice one thought for 950, only cause the fella needed it gone quick though he had it adversited for 1450 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

You're imaginings and thoughts are off the mark :)

good to hear. Always liked how it looks and have heard that it's an absolute ripper for a 1.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

alias no.9 wrote: »
    [/B]

Not in a hdi, the old school 1.9td will run a treat on it.

Anyone on here running on chip fat? Seems to be a bit of a science from what i read on the bio-fuel forums - i.e. preping the stuff, mixing, blending and what not- i suppose the biggest issue would be sourcing the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Volkswagen Bora 2000 looks really clean 950 no nct

had one of these before reliable car

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4789510

View2-18641257.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What's the general consensus on the mg zr? Girlfriend loves the look of them but her father has her very scared to buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BrendanD wrote: »
    Volkswagen Bora 2000 looks really clean 950 no nct

had one of these before reliable car

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4789510

That looks unmolested and well maintained

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement