Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping a dog for a car!?!?!??!?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Sadly this is really common. best I saw was a lad looking to swap his 2yr old Akita for an xbox 360 cos he didn't have time to look after the dog. Tools the lot of em :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lotsadots

Not only do they look to swap their dog for a car, came across an ad recently, that stated they needed to re-home their dog, because the kids wanted a pool table instead:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Some people are just dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

adser53 wrote: »
    Sadly this is really common. best I saw was a lad looking to swap his 2yr old Akita for an xbox 360 cos he didn't have time to look after the dog. Tools the lot of em :(

would you question him if he sold his dog for cash? It's a reasonable thing to do, rather than keep and neglect the dog.

I certainly do not agree with the OP links but your example seems reasonable enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

would you question him if he sold his dog for cash? It's a reasonable thing to do, rather than keep and neglect the dog.

I certainly do not agree with the OP links but your example seems reasonable enough to me.

It's not the question of car or cash or pool table, it's the unbelievable attitude that some people have about disposable dogs that is so shocking. How anyone can just decide oh I need a car, lets just swap the dog for one, or the kids whinge that they are bored of the dog 'we want a pool table' and mammy and daddy go 'yes little darlings Il just stick him up on gumtree and Il get you a pool table right away'. Most animal lovers just cannot comprehend that, I certainly can't. :confused:
    In adser's example how someone can say they don't have time for a dog yet they have time to play xbox! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Zapperzy wrote: »
    In adser's example how someone can say they don't have time for a dog yet they have time to play xbox! :mad:
    Thank you, that was my point exactly

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

I have an akita AND an xbox!! And yet i somehow find time for both.:D
    Gotta agree with adser and zapperzy on this one, dogs aren't things to be swapped about like that. Should have bought himself a teddy rather than the real thing first day

Advertisement