Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Qualification thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Ideal result as a win on Wednesday will put us top.

With a game in hand :pac: Excirah and delirah.

Only dipped in and out of the match. Are Italy still on the same sh1t level as Euro 08?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

shane86 wrote: »
    With a game in hand :pac: Excirah and delirah.

Only dipped in and out of the match. Are Italy still on the same sh1t level as Euro 08?

You'd wish, wouldn't you, but no, new faces...

Italy: Amelia; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Dossena; Gattuso, De Rossi, Montolivo, Pepe, Gilardino , Di Natale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

yeah, they are a tough team to judge because this is the 'italian way'....i was more optimistic though seeing how bad Bulgaria were..they play georgia away during the week so that game will be massive...HERES HOPING FOR A DRAW OR BETTER A GEORGIAN WIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

jesus christ.

Yeah I don't know what their problem is. I've heard them use the 'beggars' term for us a lot. Maybe it's a political thing.

They won't be making the 2010 World Cup anyway barring a miracle. One point from 3 games isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

bohsman wrote: »
    Sorry but Kalonas the Lithuanian striker is a Bohemians player.

Interesting reason to support some national team,if i would go for it i would support around 5 african national teams:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

I think Argentina are playing with Tevez, Aguero and Messi. Shoulda started without Tevez and put on Milito...

Good results tonight,for ireland and for Serbia,both games in both groups were draw,thats the best possible for Ireland and Serbia

We blasted Lithuania 3-0 tonight and it could be even worse for them,esteban,good job,you almost guessed correct result,you were more optimistic than i did,we really started showing some good football there,i am becoming more happy with our team.

Now we need to win in Vienna no matter what but this is gonna be very tough game and i am still predicting its gonna be a draw:D

eZe^ wrote: »
    MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

I think Argentina are playing with Tevez, Aguero and Messi. Too small, take off Tevez and put on Milito...

I am watching this game on tv,holy Jesus what a roster for Argentina!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Interesting reason to support some national team

It's the reason England are the most popular national team in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

God I love that kid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

There was a time when I used to wish the team well but I can't abide the hostility many of them show towards our side.

Have a read of this article on our 2002 World Cup campaign and notice the vitriol they come out with.

Why this is featured on a NI fan website I do not know. I guess they are pretty bitter.

F***in hell. He obviously doesn't know the word Irony considering how he refers to the Nationalists as bigots and yet calls the Irish team tinkers and beggars. :rolleyes:

Pigman II wrote: »
    It's the reason England are the most popular national team in this country.

*call managers of irish clubs to sell them 30 serbian players*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just watching the Scotland highlights now and what the fuck was Burley doing takin off McFadden? He was the one player wanting to take on a beat defenders.

Burley's stupidiy was rewarded with Iwelumo's miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And what a truly awful miss that was. The guy should be shot. I would have to drink a pint of guinness with a bag of peanuts in it if I missed that in a league game.

Ball whipped across the 6 yard box in the last minute just evades S. Fletcher and Iwelumo.

Commentator - "If only Iwelumo had gotten a foot on that Scotland would be leaving with three points."

Not necessarily.....

Gourcuff v Romania yesterday -

:eek: Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

F***in hell. He obviously doesn't know the word Irony considering how he refers to the Nationalists as bigots and yet calls the Irish team tinkers and beggars. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he meant that the Nationalists viewed them as bigots.... a term he is obviously proud of.

The guy is no doubt a bigot, narrow minded people are just interested in seeing events and data in ways that 'confirm' their own prejudices and are not interested in hearing anything that might dissaude them. Hence they are bigots.

Anyway... enough of wasting time on a waste of time.

Personally I only really care about Ireland's result also and a little bit about Portugal where i live. I can't say I'm particularly endeared to Norn Iron team basically coz of guys like the aforementioned but other than that I'm not bothered how they do one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Interesting results from Africa, Senegal are out (didn't even make the last 20) and if the WC is moved from South Africa they won't be in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,496 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just watching the Scotland highlights now and what the fuck was Burley doing takin off McFadden? He was the one player wanting to take on a beat defenders.

Burley's stupidiy was rewarded with Iwelumo's miss.

Groin strain apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dont know why people are looking for Italy to draw games. Ireland will not be looking at Italy as being a team to finish above (obviously if they have a horrendous run and we finish top it would be a gift) so the best scenario is for Italy to hammer the other teams in the group, then if we get anything we are in with a great shot at 2nd (and a good 2nd at that if we preform against the rest).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

we will have to beat bulgaria anyway. we should be aiming for top spot and anything other than that is a dissapointment. now i will be hoping georgia beat bulgaria during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Norn Iron losing 1...oh wait 2-0.....:(

dissapointed for them.

Couldn't be happier for them.

Advertisement