Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Single Din Bluetooth radio for car

Options
  • 03-10-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

I was holding off buying a new radio because I wanted to change the car, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon, so can anyone recommend a decent sounding bluetooth radio what I can connect my iPhone to & do calls as well as stream music ?

Preferably one with an external mic input also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

OU812 wrote: »
    I was holding off buying a new radio because I wanted to change the car, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon, so can anyone recommend a decent sounding bluetooth radio what I can connect my iPhone to & do calls as well as stream music ?

Preferably one with an external mic input also

I had a Sony one recently before I changed the car, it was pretty decent for the job and only cost about 100 quid. Can't remember off hand the model but it was one where you could control the radio using an app on your smart phone, very handy for Spotify etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Bought one of those recently, ticks all your boxes.

Easy to install and good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

by the looks of it, that pioneer one doesn't have an external mic input though... I've heard the pics on them aren't great at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It does have an external mic input. Those pioneers don't come with a built in mic.

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    I've heard the pics on them aren't great at all
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Sorry. should be mics. Autocorrect got me.

If you want the best quality mic then buy an alpine head unit. It will cost more than €85 though. Can't say I have any experience with the hands free on the pioneer but I've not heard of any issues with them. Correct placement of the mic is essential for the best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mic included is connected via small jack. Works fine for me.

Advertisement