Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Seat Covers

• 08-09-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for car seat covers for a 2015 Seat Ibiza 1.2 4 door model.

MicksGarage has suggested these:

http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=5521523&modelid=7540

They aren't getting great reviews however and are €60. Can anyone suggest decent car seat covers? We just want something to protect the seats from the kids.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1572946.htm
    Lemlin wrote: »
    [...] We just want something to protect the seats from the kids.
    An old joke came back to my mind:

Woman in carpet shop asking for advice.

W=woman S=shop assistant.

W - what reliable solution would you suggest to protect floors from children?
    S - how many children?
    W - four.
    S - TARMAC.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Does the car have side airbags mounted in the seats? I'm guessing it does so why would you want to cover them. If they are covered and you are in an accident they won't deploy as intended. The problem is that they will have to punch through the cover, slowing them down and/or deforming their shale and this affecting their protecting ability.

Airbags are usually in the front seats, not the back so I'd think about covering the back only, not the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

seat covers are designed to be used with side airbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

colm_mcm wrote: »
    seat covers are designed to be used with side airbags

Ya fair enough but how many have the holes or weak seams in the correct place to not interfere with the airbags? Are the airbags straight coming from the centre or are they "L" shaped coming up from the bottom (where the Seat is fatter due to the side bolster)? Are the airbags behind the shoulder?

I'm not disagreeing with you but people should examine this before they start to cover seats with airbags. I've seen people fit the left hand cover on the right seat, totally covering the airbag.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any of the ones I've seen have the perforations on both sides just in case.

I hate seat covers though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is partly why I made sure I got leather this time around. My little fella seems to like leaving Daddy reminders he was there, but a quick wipe or run with the hoover and it's done - as opposed to the much harder efforts with the cloth seats in my last car

Outside the box option? Get leather seats from a scrapyard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Outside the box option? Get leather seats from a scrapyard?

For a 2015 car:eek::eek::eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

For a 2015 car:eek::eek::eek:.

Ah ok.. I didn't see the year.. but unless it's a brand new model type it could work :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Check out www.seatcovers.ie, pricier than micks garage, but you can customise them, they're tailored to your car and you wouldn't think they're covers. Getting mine done soon for €225, VW Polo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Jmccoy1 how did those car seat covers work out? Thinking of getting a set and it's either seatcovers.ie or www.jcseatcovers.co.uk

• Advertisement
Advertisement