Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.3 4efe to 1.4 vvti swap?

• 22-09-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know if a 1.3 4efe engine can be put into a 01/02 model corolla that takes the 1.4vvti? Want no major loom problems bit just curious?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Dara1990 wrote: »
    Anyone know if a 1.3 4efe engine can be put into a 01/02 model corolla that takes the 1.4vvti? Want no major loom problems bit just curious?

Would require the full engine loom, ignition harness and ECU to be changed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dara1990

Would require the full engine loom, ignition harness and ECU to be changed also.[/quote
    Would it be hard to do if you had the hands for It? Engine loom be hardest bit about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Exhaust is different as well. Not worth the hassle imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

if you had a donor car i guess it wouldn't be "too hard" because everything is a direct swap, no custom fabrication needed.

seems like a lot of hassle though, the vvti isn't that bad an engine.

i'd rather do a facelift front end transplant onto a pre 2000 car with a 4e already fitted, that would be much less work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]
    i'd rather do a facelift front end transplant onto a pre 2000 car with a 4e already fitted, that would be much less work.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The vtti engine is smoother and quieter and more powerful. The interior of the facelift is much nicer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The vtti engine is smoother and quieter and more powerful. The interior of the facelift is much nicer too.

absolutely. not to mention the VVTi is chain driven which is nice too.

people get all bent out of shape saying they are much softer than the 4e, the 4e is a great engine but the 4zz is hardly "bad". like i wouldn't go to engine swapping lengths to get a 4e over a 4zz.

that said, i've seen a few lads on the owners clubs looking to fit 4e's to facelift cars, so they can fit a ct9 and run it at low boost pretty incognito even if it's not too legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have they different gearboxes too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Both have C150 gearboxes. But bell housings are different.

Advertisement