Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigration tax refund

Options
  • 15-12-2014 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

If I migrate to Australia is there a best time of the year to leave Ireland to get the biggest tax refund?

Also I've been in permanent employment for 6.5 years , how many if those years can I claim tax on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

That is entirely down to personal circumstances. You would need to sit down and work out tax paid up to point versus tax you would pay if that amount was paid over full tax year. You can use one of online tax calculators to figure it out.

"Also I've been in permanent employment for 6.5 years , how many if those years can I claim tax on?"

:confused: You can claim for any tax overpaid in current financial year. On what basis would you look to get a refund for previous years?

Advertisement