Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Mechanical Engineers using Eng. Technologist??

Options
  • 04-12-2014 5:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Is there any Mechanical Engineers on here using Engineering Technologist to apply for a 189 visa or similar.

Engineers Australia only recognise as a Technologist through the Sydney Accord

Any issues with getting work experience recognised??

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 niterain84

hachihead wrote: »
    Is there any Mechanical Engineers on here using Engineering Technologist to apply for a 189 visa or similar.

Engineers Australia only recognise as a Technologist through the Sydney Accord

Any issues with getting work experience recognised??

Any info appreciated.

I dont know specifically about mechanical engineers but I have a Degree in Mechatronics and I got assessed as an Engineering Technologist through the sydney accord too, I got my 189 visa granted no bother.

Technologist is a very broad field, if you read the description of it on the Official Dept Immigration Australia website you will see it covers a wide range of areas. If you have worked in Engineering in any way and can prove it with references,payslips etc then you shouldnt have any bother getting the work experience recognised.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Good Luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jdjnr

I got assessed as an engineering technologist via the Sydney accord and had no issues with getting work experience recognised.

Also I believe they are more interested in the qualification as opposed to the work experience. Once you have a qualification that is recognised by institute of engineers Ireland you won't have any dramas.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tower08

Can I ask how long did the work experience take to be assessed? Was it a long process?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

I was granted the 189 visa this year, using the Engineering Technologist route.
    I started my skills assessment in 2013 though.

They based the application on my undergrad degree, which is recognised through the Sydney Accord. My postgrad is recognised through the Washington Accord but I don't think it was even taken into consideration for some reason.

The whole process took 2 months. If you want the opinions of other people I would recommend visiting pomsinoz.com
    It's full of people in the exact same position as yourself. You'll also be able to see their processing timelines which is very helpful.

Advertisement