Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change ur name to irish

Options
  • 28-11-2014 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

anyone know does changing your name to Irish & reapplying for a 1 year whv work still?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

I've thought of this before but before you can actually get an Irish named passport you need to have used the Irish language version for 2 years or so.

I think the advent of bio metrics would also get you caught.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Its only a matter of time before an Irish person finds a way to get the dole in Australia. It's no wonder we have such a bad name amongst Australians with all the scams Irish people have or try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

aido79 wrote: »
    Its only a matter of time before an Irish person finds a way to get the dole in Australia. It's no wonder we have such a bad name amongst Australians with all the scams Irish people have or try here.

Simple, we just get PR

Simple, we just get PR

Its not that simple. You have to be a citizen and prove you need the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Its not that simple. You have to be a citizen and prove you need the money.

No you don't. Permanent Residence will suffice.

William F wrote: »
    No you don't. Permanent Residence will suffice.

Thanks for the correction. Permanent residency plus 2 years spent in Australia is enough.

A lad on nothing to declare got caught doing that and was put on the next flight home!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Several unhelpful or off-topic posts deleted - if you've nothing useful to add, then don't post please.

If there's something in a post that's against the charter, report it.

Also, boards.ie cannot be associated with advice on how to break the law, so please remember that in your replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

A lad on nothing to declare got caught doing that and was put on the next flight home!

I seen that episode. He had an Irish surname and tried to get away with just getting rid of the O on his surname eg its was O'reilly, so he tried to get in with his surname as Reilly.

AFAIK Irish passport.if you change the name from English to Irish have somewhere in the passport what your birthname was. As in your English spelling name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JP838557

I was in Australia for 2 years already and I loved it , I have to wait until I gain enough qualified experience as an electrician to apply for a PR visa which I am not guaranteed , otherwise i must do an english test and then i must do a skills assessment in dublin and all of these cost money which i think will round off to about 5000 euros.

So yea i wanna be a scumbag and get another 1st year visa for 350 euros and enjoy the rest of my 20's out there.

JP838557 wrote: »
    I was in Australia for 2 years already and I loved it , I have to wait until I gain enough qualified experience as an electrician to apply for a PR visa which I am not guaranteed , otherwise i must do an english test and then i must do a skills assessment in dublin and all of these cost money which i think will round off to about 5000 euros.

So yea i wanna be a scumbag and get another 1st year visa for 350 euros and enjoy the rest of my 20's out there.

Why not go to New Zealand for a year and get the experience there? Even if your plan to change your name to Irish and get a new whv works you will probably still mess up any future PR application when they search through your visa history.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JP838557

Why not go to New Zealand for a year and get the experience there? Even if your plan to change your name to Irish and get a new whv works you will probably still mess up any future PR application when they search through your visa history.

Yeah I was thinking about New Zealand but im not too fond of the maori's in my time working on building sites in Australia, I know not to paint them all with the same brush but yea im not too fond after past incidents.

My friends are in Perth , i was working there solid for 2 years and paid my tax's and fines n wha not, I thought id be there for a long time only for sponsorship to fall through to some boss in Sydney deciding not to hire anymore WHV holders.
    I havent the money or patience to wait , but would love another 2 years out there and do it all over again

I seen the border patrol and yes that is one incident but surely your man would of had better chances if he changed his name to irish, I was speaking to my mother who works with the cops and she says that your passport number changes too.

Im not asking for advice too much I'm just wondering , is there people out there that boards.ie members have known to do this.
    I heard a story of a guy in Darwin whos name was Angus summit n he changed his name to gus summit n then to irish and got 6 years out there.
    also i feel perths airport security won't be as tight as sydney's as sydney would be more in the publics eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

JP838557 wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking about New Zealand but im not too fond of the maori's in my time working on building sites in Australia, I know not to paint them all with the same brush but yea im not too fond after past incidents.

My friends are in Perth , i was working there solid for 2 years and paid my tax's and fines n wha not, I thought id be there for a long time only for sponsorship to fall through to some boss in Sydney deciding not to hire anymore WHV holders.
    I havent the money or patience to wait , but would love another 2 years out there and do it all over again

I seen the border patrol and yes that is one incident but surely your man would of had better chances if he changed his name to irish, I was speaking to my mother who works with the cops and she says that your passport number changes too.

Im not asking for advice too much I'm just wondering , is there people out there that boards.ie members have known to do this.
    I heard a story of a guy in Darwin whos name was Angus summit n he changed his name to gus summit n then to irish and got 6 years out there.
    also i feel perths airport security won't be as tight as sydney's as sydney would be more in the publics eye

Mate the above is clearly asking for assistance in aiding your decision to defraud the DIAC.

This thread needs to end. Best of luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement