Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on this footage

Options
  • 12-11-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Taken by myself ssometime ago. Never really got to the bottom of it, but alot of strange activities in this building prior to this
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG97claN6Qs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

"Boom, there she is" :D

Interesting. In the vid description it says the cctv was from 430 am, I assume it should be 430pm?

What is facing that door? Any hanging lights? etc.

Where is the door in the building?

If it were 430 PM I assume the bookies is open, might be cross draft from someone opening the shop door to enter or exit.

What other strange things have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

"Boom, there she is" :D

Interesting. In the vid description it says the cctv was from 430 am, I assume it should be 430pm?

What is facing that door? Any hanging lights? etc.

Where is the door in the building?

If it were 430 PM I assume the bookies is open, might be cross draft from someone opening the shop door to enter or exit.

What other strange things have happened?
    It was infact 4.30am. It was recorded footage an that door was closed. The light was a security/ motion sensor light that had just switched on. The door is a rear door exiting the building

weird, ok. The clock on the CCTV would want to be changed, top right says 16:

It is bright outside,light travels from the outside in across the door bar. Is there a sensor light out there also?

On first look it appears the door is slightly ajar but a few more views would suggest it isn't. The bar doesn't move though so could it not have been closed properly?

Is the orange light something that was happening while you recorded it or is it part of the original?

If you look at the 2 of the 2014, you will notice that there is always a light source there and this is where the movement occurs from.

Would be interesting to see from the prospective of looking into the building from the doorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

What are we meant to be looking at here? From 37 seconds?

Time? 4:30am? Why the racing commentary?

Seems to me to be light refracting off the door, when the door every so slightly swings out naturally on an unbalanced hinge?

Next.

Kettleson wrote: »
    What are we meant to be looking at here? From 37 seconds?

Time? 4:30am? Why the racing commentary?

Seems to me to be light refracting off the door, when the door every so slightly swings out naturally on an unbalanced hinge?

Next.

The video is of the a person recording the CCTV footage onto their phone. This happened during working hours, so it would seem.

Another thing occurred to me,If a sensor for a light kicked in, Why didn't the sensors for the alarm go off, both motion and door. I assume the building is alarmed even if only for insurance reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Im a bit confused by this as the door does look like it was already ajar. This definitely happened at 4.30am (what time of year? It looks very bright outside), the place was locked up and that door was secure?

How was this caught? did the alarms go off at that time, which caused you to check the CCTV?

maccored wrote: »
    Im a bit confused by this as the door does look like it was already ajar. This definitely happened at 4.30am (what time of year? It looks very bright outside), the place was locked up and that door was secure?

How was this caught? did the alarms go off at that time, which caused you to check the CCTV?

I'm not sure the clock on the CCTV can be trusted as it says the time is 16:--(something)

The other date on the recording is -5-02- 2014. It was posted to youtube on the 15 of February so I can surmise that the CCTV footage that was recorded was from earlier that day.

half 4 on a winters morning its pretty dark though - going by the mention already that it was 4.30am. Maybe Colash could give us some more info on that bit?

I'm not sure the clock on the CCTV can be trusted as it says the time is 16:--(something)

The other date on the recording is -5-02- 2014. It was posted to youtube on the 15 of February so I can surmise that the CCTV footage that was recorded was from earlier that day.

half 4 on a winters morning its pretty dark though - going by the mention already that it was 4.30am. Maybe Colash could give us some more info on that bit?

Half 4 AM or PM in February is dark dark.

He has already confirmed it was AM.

then either it wasn't recorded in February, the door doesn't open to the outside, or theres something fishy. I would go for not recorded in February. It would be interesting to know if this happens a lot or if it was a one off.
    Half 4 AM or PM in February is dark dark.

He has already confirmed it was AM.

• Advertisement

then either it wasn't recorded in February, the door doesn't open to the outside, or theres something fishy. I would go for not recorded in February.

As I said, the CCTV time stamp isn't to be trusted going by the evidence provided, both by OP and recording.

The light is most certainly artificial though. I would suspect it is a flood light and not natural light. It's too even.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Colash wrote: »
    Taken by myself ssometime ago. Never really got to the bottom of it, but alot of strange activities in this building prior to this
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG97claN6Qs
    The door wasn't closed properly and the wind blew it.
    I don't think it's justifiable to put this down to paranormal activity when there are simple natural forces at work.

that would make sense alright - hard to tell from the video.
    As I said, the CCTV time stamp isn't to be trusted going by the evidence provided, both by OP and recording.

The light is most certainly artificial though. I would suspect it is a flood light and not natural light. It's too even.

I would assume the place would have alarms which wouldnt have been able to properly set if a door was still open like that. Maybe Colash could let us know if there were alarms as if an alarm went off then it would show the door definitely wasnt open initially.
    spacetweek wrote: »
    The door wasn't closed properly and the wind blew it.
    I don't think it's justifiable to put this down to paranormal activity when there are simple natural forces at work.

Shakey camera butThe Door actually looks like its open, you can see it wobbling at times, then it opens. The light is a reflection from when the door starts moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Any chance of you posting the footage directly from the Hard Drive the CCTV records onto as opposed to a video of a video. I'm quite skeptical for a number of reasons. Most of which were already mentioned

1. The clock says 16:-- (Ie 4pm) but you're adamant that the event took place at 04:30

2. It's quite bright out for what's supposed to be: 4:30am that early in a February.

3. The date the video was uploaded on the 15/02/14 but the CCTV footage says its 05/02/14 (not a big issue mind you but I'm curious and skeptical as to why there was a 10 day delay

4. The sound in the background seems to indicate that the Bookmakers is open. What Bookies is open at 4:30am

5. The door itself. My deduction is that it was not fully closed. The design of the handle is so that the bar has to be pushed down. if the locking bars were pulled out of place the handle would have still dropped.

6. To me the light anomaly moves from where the door should open to the hinges then the door opens. If something was leaving should it not have moved to where the door opens up

7. we can't see the bottom of the door to verify that there are no shadows showing there is nobody outside pulling it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

It's notoriously easy for dirt and other shite to clog up the little hole that the latch at the bottom is meant to slot into. It's very plausible that that's what happened here.

Used to work in a place with an identical door at the back exit, had slide locks fitted at the top and bottom so we could secure it at night for this very reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Doors 'opening by themselves' can oft be explained by crooked/un-levelled door hinges (or door frames), or indeed something hanging (doesn't have to be heavy, just enough to disturb the equilibrium) on the door. The are so many ways that footage could have been faked as discussed. Thank you for the post whatever the explanation is as everyone has a different opinion and it gets our grey matter working! ...

Advertisement