Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fringe = RENEWED!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

I thought it might have to be put down on recent showings, at least it has the chance to improve (or get worse)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

22 episode order, awesome!....at least the can have time to plan a proper finale...if it's the last season, at least i hope they plan such.

Great news. Hope hey wrap it up properly :D

Does this really need a dedicated thread, there are numerous threads when Fringe and it's possible renewal was discussed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great news, although the last few episodes have been pretty dire; I always accepted a certain level of artistic creativity in the way Science™ was represented on the show, though it always tried to be convincing. But when the plot suddenly brought in things like Soul Magnets, this and the "choose an Olivia" plot strand have shown a sudden dip in quality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent news.

I think there has been a dip in quality but many shows have small blips. The lack of science has always been there, although soul magnets is really pushing it. Still I assume it'll pick up again and a Season 4 will give them plenty of scope to plot Walternate's machinations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I watched about 4 episodes of Fringe when it first started and thought it was alright but nothing spectacular so gave up on it. I've heard it gets better though, so I've the first series ready in waiting to be watched on a quiet week of telly, so its yet to be seen how this news affects my personal preferences.
    Either way, good news for the cast, crew and most importantly fans of Fringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I can now sit down and catch up from S02E02 over the Summer!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Best news of the week - delighted to see it renewed. I do hope they plan for a proper finale though rather than ending on some maddening cliffhanger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cian/Brian, cop on guys.... its one of the best shows on the box. :)

It's built up a brilliant mythology (really hitting its stride around the season 2 midpoint) and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Brilliant news. Fringe is one of the best shows on TV. It would be madness not to renew it.

Now I just need V to be renewed and I will be very happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thats good news, still a big fan of this. There seems to be so many good stories they could go into, the observers I always find interesting but we never really see them. So hopefully they can pull some good plots out for this season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It has dipped a bit lately, but in fairness the first episodes of this season were some of the best TV I've ever seen, it couldn't keep that up forever, and it's still head and shoulders above most of the junk on at the moment. Can't wait to see what next season brings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Brilliant news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FADG

I Just hope they improve it abit it was going stale and i love the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Must start a catch up on Season 3 now that there will be Season 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Great news! Just waiting on Nikita's renewal and then I'll be well chuffed.

Advertisement