Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me (Sunday Marathon)

Options
  • 21-03-2011 1:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Sundays will never be the same again and all because come dine with me is on tv3 with over 2 and half hours of quality foodie entertainment.
    This was my first time watching this show and im hooked, so no more sundays at the bookies or having a few quiet pints of porter oh no sir i shall be watching come dine with me as i tuck into some quality nosh myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sundays will never be the same again and all because come dine with me is on tv3 with over 2 and half hours of quality foodie entertainment.
    True.. but they've been doing this on More4 for at least the last 2 years.

I've practically seen them all already though.

Although Channel 4 are airing new episodes on Sunday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The newer ones (on Channel 4) are much better. Dave Lamb was very restrained on the earlier series, but is bloody hilarious on the later ones.

There is a new episode about 4:30 (I think) on Channel 4 every day (set the Sky+).
    There is also a new hour long episode on Channel 4 on Sunday evenings.

Last nights was very funny - they had 2 contestants who were very fussy eaters (what are you doing on a bloody cookery show?) - one guy took a bite of a strawberry for the first time and spat it out... a flippin' strawberry! :)

You can watch it here...

Mr E wrote: »
    Last nights was very funny - they had 2 contestants who were very fussy eaters (what are you doing on a bloody cookery show?) - one guy took a bite of a strawberry for the first time and spat it out... a flippin' strawberry! :)
    Last night's new one was great alright.

The bit where he left the room after getting emotional over the dead cats ashes in the small boxes..

.. "I have a photo of the cat if you wanna put a face to it.. d'ya wanna come look at it?"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ah Jonjo don't be wasting your precious Sunday afternoons. Sky+ it and fast forward all the rubbish TV3 ads. My husband and I really love CDWM, we have been watching it on Channel 4 for ages, it really is a cracking show. I hope the Irish version gets made really soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

MrsD007 wrote: »
    . Sky+ it and fast forward all the rubbish TV3 ads.

Four channel land:(

• Advertisement

If you've a PS3, pick up a PlayTV.. it'll essentially serve the same function as a Sky+ box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The jabs on the powerboat racing woman were unreal in yesterdays show, and man did she show them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

You could always record the programme with a VCR or DVD recorder. It would save you alot of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Or just watch them online.... TV3 or Channel 4. No ads to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Wikipedia has a list of all the contestants, last weeks show was actually the original first episodes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Dine_With_Me

You can see the changes with the concept from the first show when you watch the later series. Dave Lamb gets more vocal and sarcastic with his narration and they seem to move away from foodies to cranks and nut cases who grate on each other on sight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement