Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound dropping on Acer Aspire; Plz Halp

• 03-08-2014 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭

Make and Model: Acer Aspire V3-571

Is it in warranty? Nope

Operating System: Windows 8

Software issue: So I have a USB headset that I occasionally use for gaming etc. It has a 3.5mm jack that then plugs into a volume control for the headset that connects to the laptop. The Realtek HD sound yoke will not make any sound when the USB Headset isn't connected anymore. It wont make sound when it is just connected with the jack either.

If I try to troubleshoot the problem it detects no issue. When I open the Realtek audio manager and choose to test connection it says that the sound device is in use currently even though no applications are running sound.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and while that worked. The sound left upon waking the laptop up from sleep mode. If I restart the laptop sound sometimes works but will stop if I
    -Plug the USB headset in/out (sound still works through USB headset)
    -Hibernate the laptop then wake it up.

Any ideas gentlemen/ladies?

Advertisement