Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is The "Goodest" Country in The World

• 03-07-2014 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

This should be good for our self-esteem. :D

According to Simon Anholt Ireland is the "Goodest" country in the world.

The meaning of "Goodest" comes from research showing that in a globalized world where countries can have a negative impact on every other country Ireland has the least negative impact and the most positive impact.

Check out his Ted Talk presentation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Let's all take a moment to pat ourselves on the back for how goodest we are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Its so good to be goodest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"And the award for most inoffensive country goes to............"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

This was done last week. Apparently the guy was inundated with irate emails from outraged Irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Feck off with yer loan repayments, Europe! We have to pay Simon Anhalt a big fat cheque this month.

Regards,
    Enda Kenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Have to say I was skeptical at first, but the dude has data

The Ted jokes will follow no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Of course when Ireland's only impact on the world is gays marching in Saint Patrick parades and Guinness.

Nothing more goodest than a bunch of pert drunk on Guinness gay derrières gyrating in front of outraged Americans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I'm sure there is a thread on this from last week when the news was released!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

We're too busy doing damage to our own country to harm anywhere else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Superman has a holiday home in Achill sure..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Welcome to the world of 10 days ago!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90975386

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

An File wrote: »

Yeah but Mc lov'in only had the article, I have the video presentation. Far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Is it just me or does the term "goodest country" seem a little condescending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Absolutely nothing will outrage an Irish person more than praise for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Our inherent catholic shame ensures that we rarely do anything that would make us look bad in front of our neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

We exportrd alot peadophile priests to north america, south america and africa...

Apart from that we are sound enough to other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

wprathead wrote: »
    We exportrd alot peadophile priests to north america, south america and africa...

Apart from that we are sound enough to other countries

Firstly I'd like to say I detest the catholic church with every fibre of my being. Saying that there were plenty of cases of pedo priests in other countries with no link to Ireland.
    But to be fair there does seem to be a disproportionate amount of pedos that came from Ireland, for which the country should be ashamed.

Advertisement