Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for Film Editing?

Options
  • 16-11-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Just wondering there what sort of specifications I would need on a laptop for film editing. I say this as this would be the most CPU intensive task I would be doing, otherwise its just we browsing etc.

Its a pretty intensive task im sure. The parents desktop it freezes regularly when editing, but Ive no problems with games.

Plus, any one any recomended brands, or is that a stupid question to throw at any group of people?? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,845 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RAM. Any video card with decent memory (128 or 256 even) but even an intel video accelerator would do. and a dual core proc. Other than that, just a healthy set of ram, say 3 gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Thanks for the reply bud

Advertisement