Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Laptop Reductions

Options
  • 15-11-2008 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Hi, Tesco have 25% off all laptops this weekend, and as I don't know alot about them thought I'd ask you guys for some advice please.They have an 'acer' apparantly reduced from €599 to €449. Specs are: 15.4" screen, 2GB RAM,80GB hard drive and Vista. Is this a good deal? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Any info on what processor it is?
    The 80Gb hd is a bit poor tbh,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'd say it'd be best to avoid those specs. my 3 year old laptop prob has more power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Thanks for replies guys.

Dual core processor T2310 (1.46ghz/1M)

So, d'ya reckon for€449, I could do better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Was in the new Tesco Maynooth 'megastore' at around 4pm(Saturday) ...sure the 25% off has the potential to give you a VERY cheap lappie but all that was left was AMD/Celeron/Pentium cr8p...even their Acer netbooks were sold out ...might have been tempted by some of the more mainstream stuff if it had been available.Offer applies to all pc related stuff so if you need a keyboard /mouse etc etc might be worth a look ...quality printers practically free ...well from 40 upwards!

Advertisement