Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lappy charger woes

Options
  • 04-07-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭

i got an aspine 5740 last april, i had it three week when it stoped charging, too it back and was told the charger was kaput, replaceement cost me €25, another three weeks and the replacement stopped working, on wedensday the latest one gave up, the vendor claim that my wall socke is wired wrong, yet i have had an insperion for 18 months with no problem, also i have a netbook in my posession for the last three and a half years which i use occasionally, again no problem, any ideas people, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

Insist on a replacement or full refund. These are your rights as a consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

i asked and was told it is not the fault of the laptop, but of the wiring in my gaff, that the vendor was taking no responsibility for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

thats total tosh and both you and he knows that.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

thanks, i guess i will call to him on monday, i will ask for a replacement, if not a refund, if i get a negitave reply then the small claims court, i am getting peeed of at the moment, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

We would like to know who the vendor is. If he is supplying lousy chargers with his laptops that he's buying for less than a tenner from ebay then they are bound to blow out. You might want to make sure you're getting a 90W charger. A70W one isn't going to cut it. Is the battery on your laptop holding charger? If it isn't then that would mean that the charger is under pressure all the time.

• Advertisement

i returned the laptop yesterday, the vendon said that it need to be checked out, i said that the item is not fit for purpose, i asked for either a replacement or a refund, i was tokd tha it had to be examined first, i replied that the las time it was returned i was told that the charger was broken and that i had to pay €25 for the laaptop and new charger, this charger was an acer stamped one,i returned the charger which i had to pay the ventor for also the charger which i replaced it with, this was aan oem one, i will uodate as things happen, thans for the interest, i am having trouble typing please beaar with me.

i left the lapp in with the vendor this day week, i have not heard back yet, the vendor has both my landline and mobile numbers, do i head straight to the small claims court, or do i call into his premisis tomorrow for one last chat, or on the chance that it is repaired, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

flutered wrote: »
    i left the lapp in with the vendor this day week, i have not heard back yet, the vendor has both my landline and mobile numbers, do i head straight to the small claims court, or do i call into his premisis tomorrow for one last chat, or on the chance that it is repaired, thanks.

Write a letter outlining your issues with 7 days to resolve. Keep a copy for yourself and post it with recorded delivery, not registered, check consumer issues for the link I think I've linked it before but on phone so can't easily check. If you get no joy then start the small claims court. If you don't follow the above you make your case harder.

i sent off a letter last friday 25th, i kept it very simple, i kept a copy but i have not heard anything back, this tuesday the 29th the lappy has been with the vendor three week, thaanks again people.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

flutered wrote: »
    i sent off a letter last friday 25th, i kept it very simple, i kept a copy but i have not heard anything back, this tuesday the 29th the lappy has been with the vendor three week, thaanks again people.

You need to just get your money back at this stage. How much was the laptop in the beginning? There's no harm in naming who this seller is so that people on here can be forewarned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement