Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Shocks for me on Dell Website

Options
  • 13-11-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

1 Theres another mini laptop out the Inspiron 12,totally identical to all the rest except in screen size 559 euro...Dont know why anybody would bother at the price ...Then again its a steal compared with something similar two years ago ...
    2 There are ZERO laptops available in the 'Outlet'...I thought that with a new XPS (or at least a facelift?) due they would be selling loads of stuff there .

They really dropped the ball with the european price of the Inspiron 9.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

they are between quarters at the moment, wait until early dec. their last quarter does not finish until end of jan. i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Quarters don't enter into it. They always had a good stock in the outlet but not for the last couple of months. I still get mails from them about great deals there but there's only 8 or 10 at the most and all over priced.
    Their Ebay outlet has dried up aswell. Nothing on the Irish one since the 19th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I spoke to a sales guy in dell outlet yesterday. Two reasons - there aren't as many returns from Irish customers (either that's a good sign re quality, or they're not selling as many new systems in Ireland).

The second one has more impact though - for technical reasons that they are working to resolve, they can't currently offer UK returned stock on the Irish site (yesterday, there were over 300 notebooks on offer on dell.co.uk/outlet). The guy I spoke to said the he hoped that it would be resolved within the next 1-2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Can we actually buy from UK Dell outlet ?Would we have issues ?Sterling at rock bottom right now !But then again buy a telly in Newry come home plug it in and be ready for no channels whatsoever!

ablelocks wrote: »
    The guy I spoke to said the he hoped that it would be resolved within the next 1-2 weeks.

I'll believe that when I see it.
    ytareh wrote:
    Can we actually buy from UK Dell outlet ?

No. They will only deliver to UK addresses.

• Advertisement

Hah. Just got this mail from them now...

y1pRx2Hnp2FB5fDlxNpAXlTGcoq1ABN850RaMPXMmxfCvdXTAu_DRRwRlDM9Eo6DiFR

One laptop priced about €850 and 5 desktops, all overpriced is all that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

387 incl vat? ill beleive it when I see it. Must be a calculator.

Advertisement