Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need info on this band....

Options
  • 03-05-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I need info on this band...

guys, some one here might be able to help me...

im looking for information on a punk band i heard a good few years back. they were called 'Dirt' as far as i know. i heard them on a cassette tape which was split with paranoid visions on the other side. they were all girls as far as i know and i remember i thought they were F**king class. i found a vinyl of a band called dirt in a record store in dublin a couple of years back, but it was not the same band. i could have the name wrong but i think thats what they were called. they may have had a record called 'A little wooden gun' but im not sure either. if anybody could shed some light on this i would greatly appreciate it....thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

You're probably talking about the UK Anarcho-punk band 'Dirt'. They were originally on Crass records. On skuld releases now. Don't really know much more about them. I have a few mp3s they're ok, they have a kinda Crass/Zounds sound (unsurprisingly).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eddiehitler

NotMe wrote:
    You're probably talking about the UK Anarcho-punk band 'Dirt'. They were originally on Crass records. On skuld releases now. Don't really know much more about them. I have a few mp3s they're ok, they have a kinda Crass/Zounds sound (unsurprisingly).

thanx man, but i checked that link. that 7 inch, 'scent of the kill', is the one i bought i dublin a few years back thinking it was them. im more than likely mixed up on the name or something. do you know if paranoid visions ever had a girl fronting the band??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

p/visions had varios female singers over the years,i think if you got a cassette
    it wsa probably really early stuff i do rememember the Name "dirt" but thats about all (my brain is fried :D punk rock!!)

is it still possible to get the early paranoid visions stuff?? that band im thinking of is probably early P.V. i dunno where i got that name "dirt" from.

i want this band cos they remind me of when i was 15 with a mowhawk haircut drinking flagons of cider on the railway line... those were the days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

This got me thinking eddie & i seem to remember somebody (possibly a mate of mine having) D.I.R.T written on the back of his jacket at some stage
    the possibilty of two punk bands called "Dirt" is fairly likely then again it might be a later incarnation of the same band,(a la napalm death)i used to have a few PV's records but none of the really early stuff.
    i seem to remember selling the records at some stage

• Advertisement

Kingsize wrote:
    This got me thinking eddie & i seem to remember somebody (possibly a mate of mine having) D.I.R.T written on the back of his jacket at some stage
    the possibilty of two punk bands called "Dirt" is fairly likely then again it might be a later incarnation of the same band,(a la napalm death)i used to have a few PV's records but none of the really early stuff.
    i seem to remember selling the records at some stage

thanks for your help anyway. if ya hear of anythin' id appreciate it if ya pass it on to me, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chemical Arse

D.I.R.T (Drunks In Rusty Transits) a good anarcho punk band. I think you can get their discography cd on Active Distribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

is it still possible to get the early paranoid visions stuff?? that band im thinking of is probably early P.V. i dunno where i got that name "dirt" from.
    {QUOTE]

*** 30.07.05 PARANOID VISIONS (CD Album re-release) + Guests, Voodoo

'Outside in' 1986 - 89, The Vinyl Years (Toxic Records)

Includes:

The Robot is running amok - 4 track 7" ep
    Schizophrenia - 8 track Lp
    I will wallow - 7 track 10" mini Lp
    City of Screams - 7 track 12" Lp
    Autonomy - 3 track 7" ep

With the imminent release of a back catelogue CD, veteran punk band Paranoid Visions are set to hit the road. Punk’s not dead and neither are veteran Dublin spiky-hairs Paranoid Visions who are hitting the comeback trail in support of a single CD containing all of their back catalogue. It’ll be the first time that the original line-up of Deko, P.A., Caff and Dan D. Lion have been in the same room as each other since 1990. "There was always a lot of tension in the band at the time and it was entirely justified as we were always a nasty bunch of slagging f*ckers to each other", says Deko, ever the silver-tongued devil. Provisionally-titled Outside In: Vinyl 1986 – 1989, the everything including the kitchen sink collection includes the Running Amok EP, City Of Screams and I Wallow mini-albums and their only full-length release, Schizophrenia.

http://www.southern.com/southern/band/PVISI/biog.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 peter jones

most of back catalogue will be on the album outside in, but early demos and stuff will eventaully be made avaiable via www.paranoidvisons.com though

as regards dirt...they had a yelpy singer called piglit warrior who sounded a bit like some of the paranoid visions vocalists, and we did a few gigs with dirt also...dirt stood for death is reality today not drunk in rusty transits, althought that is a bit more accurate...albums availabel are never mind dirt heres the bollocs on crass records and another album i can';t rememebr which was available from the band only..gary from duirt was playing recently with the stratford mercenaries who also included steve ignorant, one of conflict and the drummer from the buzzcocks

Advertisement