Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 13th....

Options
  • 13-01-2015 1:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Anybody remember this series of posters that appeared at some stage around 1986 that mentioned Nostradamus and seemed top fortel some sort of Propehcy?

The words February 13th were written in gothic script and as the posters continued to appear the "parchment" was gradually revealed to be a poster about the power of advertising.

In those days before the internet a lot of people were quite worried and speculation was rife.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ffocused

i don't remember that one, but remember a similar one from roughly the same era that said 'everyone in Ireland will need glasses' it turned out to be an ad for a 3d film on RTE using the old red/blue 3d glasses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I do rememeber from roughly the same time these posters that just had the name "Maud Fricker".I think that was all they said at first.They were related to this TV advertising campaign with a man dressed as an old granny,can't for the life of me remember now what the ads were for.

Advertisement