Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Childbirthing in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi to all you pregnant people out there!

My wife and I are moving back to Ireland from Japan next January, and expecting a baby in March (fingers crossed), our second baby.

Our first baby was born last year in a natural childbirth centre here in Nagoya. It was brilliant. No drugs. They allowed the labour to take as long as was necessary (24 hours), at her own rhythm and pace, and kept us there for 5 days after.

Anyway, she's really committed to something like that again. Is there anything like that in Dublin? Failing that, how would I go about finding a midwife to attend a (natural) home birth? Does it cost? How much? etc, etc. Any information you might have on this would be useful, its difficult to find out from here.

Btw, this is not a judgement or criticism on anyone else's choices, its just something she feels very strong about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Here's a link to information on how to apply for a home birth. I think you may have a problem in that you're not a actually resident here at the moment. Think about paying for private care in Mount Carmel to be sure of the birth of your choice. Everywhere else seems to be extremely overstretched. Baby boom in Ireland in case you didn't know.

Advertisement