Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector questions

Options
  • 03-03-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭

Currently in the middle of redecorating the main bedroom and I've decided to go with a projector instead of a new TV since I have a bare wall.

I have no experience with projectors, but from researching the past few days it seems Epson is one of the best brands to go with. Their replacement lamps are also quite cheap. I was looking at the Epson EH-TW5200 on amazon uk for €785 and it seems to be perfect for what I'd be using it for. The reviews seem to be great across all Amazon sites (ES, IT, DE) The TW5200 is considerably cheaper on Amazon IT, so I am considering ordering from there.

I've used the calculator on epson's website to make sure the projector is suitable. It will project a 110" image from the opposite wall. I am planning to project onto a white wall and not a screen (for now!). The wall is in perfect condition luckily.

The questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me are:

Will the projector work fine in Ireland if bought from Italy? I suspect it will but I want to make sure. Since it is the exact same projector as on the UK site, I am assuming I should be able to switch to an English language menu on it.

It only has 2 HDMI ports, would a simple HDMI switch like this work with it to allow me to connect my STB, HTPC, PS4 and chromecast?

Any help with the above questions would be appreciated.

Advertisement