Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV showing blank white screen. Is it knackerd for good?

Options
  • 22-02-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Four year old Hannspree TV. Hooked up to a UPC box. Never had any issues or problems with it. I presume its a plasma flat screen.

Watching a sporting event today, the TV screen just went white, with no picture showing at all. It was as if the camera was pointing up at a cloudy sky. That is what I originally thought was happening.

But it is happening, regardless of what channel I am watching. When I change SCART cables, it still happens. When I switch over to playing a DVD, it still happens.

Is the TV knackered, or does it sound like a bulb is blown somewhere? If it is, how much will it be to replace?

It is only a 16 inch TV that cost 199 4 yrs ago, so I may as well replace it, if it is going to cost a ton to fix it.

Mods, hope it is ok to post this here. I looked, but I couldn't find a forum specifically for tellys.

Ta.

Advertisement