Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Paradise lost track

• 21-05-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55XlIPzY5q0

Was not expecting this. real heavy doom metal feel. Looking forward
    to the rest of the album out in june. Have enjoyed there last couple of releases.
    They are playing the academy 27th september for anyone interested.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Sounds to be a pretty accomplished return to Gothic-era Paradise Lost. There hasn't been this much anticipation for a PL album in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sweet balls of doom... that was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Sounds good
    Look forward to a live performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Class! enjoyed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

If the album lives up to that, I will have to go to the gig.

When was the last time they played here? They've been off my radar for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

rock whore wrote: »
    If the album lives up to that, I will have to go to the gig.

When was the last time they played here? They've been off my radar for ages.

They are due to play here sometime in September. Soundcellar are selling tickets for €26. Saw them twice before in Madrid and I thought they put on a pretty good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

The album is great. Guitar driven, and Nick's vocals are superb. Going from clean singing to full on growl. It's like a rebirth.

I'll be going to the Academy show for sure. I've gone back years with internet searches and can only find them playing belfast in 2009. Of course their career predates social media so they have surely played here back in the day at some point. Anyone here remember them playing dublin before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

The last time they played Dublin was in 2006 playing special guests to Opeth in Vicar St. I think the time before was Whelans in 03.
    I really enjoyed them that night with Opeth as it was a varied setlist. Apart from FMR in Belfast in 2009, I dont think they have been here since and that gig in Belfast was supposed to be very disappointing.

I was lucky enough to see them at Sonispheres in 2011 and 12 but delighted they are finally coming back to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

SFX 1992 (supporting Sepultura)
    SFX 1996
    Temple Bar Music Centre 1999 (Played Cork and Belfast as well. Gregor had his arm in a sling. Roadie stood in.)
    Whelans 2003

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

rock whore wrote: »
    I'll be going to the Academy show for sure. I've gone back years with internet searches and can only find them playing belfast in 2009. Of course their career predates social media so they have surely played here back in the day at some point. Anyone here remember them playing dublin before?

Their website used to have their past tour dates. But they've removed that recently. I live in Scandinavia so they pass through every other year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Disappointing to see the new album is on youtube. I'm going to buy it.

was at the one in the SFX in 96, pics are from then,
    The cork gig was in Nancy Spains up Barrick street if i remember right.
    350948.png
    350949.png
    350950.png

What format to buy it in.......... :(

Born to save the night has fallen
    Born to save just save us from the past

No-one can save you now
    Thorns you wear as a shroud all victims of the past

\m/

seachto7 wrote: »
    What format to buy it in.......... :(

tape

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

really enjoying the new album. Big step up imo. A real return to form.
    hope they get the recognition they deserve for it.:)
    5/5 for me.

It's not in Tower or HMV these days. Sold out in Tower, which I'll consider a good sign.

Forgot about soundcellar though.

Make sure you get a copy. Well worth it.:D

Listened to it on Spotify, but would like a physical copy

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    Listened to it on Spotify, but would like a physical copy
    Yeah I still buy all my albums on cd. Can't beat having the case, booklet, artwork etc which you don't get with a stream or mp3.

Just a bump to say Paradise lost playing the academy on the 27th september (sunday week) Tickets still available for those interested.

Might go to this.

Tickets purchased and looking forward to this. First time seeing them too. Gonna give the new album a proper listen now while I'm at it.

Doors 7.00
    Lucifer 7.45
    Paradise Lost 9.00pm
    Approx finish 10.30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Quite liking that track. As some one who's never really listened to them, what would you consider the classic albums to give a spin?

Somnus wrote: »
    Quite liking that track. As some one who's never really listened to them, what would you consider the classic albums to give a spin?

Gothic (1991), Icon (1993) and Draconian Times (1995) are the three must-haves so definitely start with those.

I would also give personal recommendation to Paradise Lost (2005). ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Sweet. I'll check them out. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

It's an amazing album. Not so sure about 'Punishment through Time' though. One of the weaker songs on the album for me. Everything else was incredible. I bought the digi pac version which is far better than the normal version because of the presentation, and those two excellent bonus songs 'Fear of Silence' and 'Never look Away'. Definitely an album of the year for me and I would give it a 4.8 out of 5.:D

Advertisement