Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush - New american tour

Options
  • 20-06-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

just wondering is anyone heading over to catch this tour? i know im not a millionaire, but after missing the 1992 european tour, i swore i would grab the lads any chance i could get. So since they have started coming to europe again i have seen 11 shows . Now i'm saying to myself, what are the chances they will bring this current tour to europe? so maybe i should head to the states? So, is anyone going, or anyone interested in going?
    Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Gonna see them in Kansas City on July 1st :D

Word is Europe is on the cards for 2011 :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Gonna see them in Kansas City on July 1st :D

Word is Europe is on the cards for 2011 :)
    I'm willing to give up to and including one of my testicles if it'll induce Ireland

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14 langerdan2112

just wondering is anyone heading over to catch this tour? i know im not a millionaire, but after missing the 1992 european tour, i swore i would grab the lads any chance i could get. So since they have started coming to europe again i have seen 11 shows . Now i'm saying to myself, what are the chances they will bring this current tour to europe? so maybe i should head to the states? So, is anyone going, or anyone interested in going?
    Cheers
    Dave

Going to the two Toronto shows next month. This will bring my tally to 13 shows since RTB in 92 (had a ticket for HYF in 88 but the aul pair wouldn`t let me go as I was only 15 - Birmingham gig too...:mad:). Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

my first show was may 83 in wembly , the Signals tour, i went 3 nights. boat and train thru holyhead, overnight. now that was an endurance test, but it was worth it for the show, and last year i found the original tour t-shirt. not a hope in hell it will ever fit me again, but i thought i was the dogs...... wearing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

I'm willing to give up to and including one of my testicles if it'll induce Ireland

Doubt very much if Ireland would be on the menu although there were rumblings last time iirc...

Get y'ass over to the MEN in Manchester (brilliant venue), or even handier to get in / out of is Birmingham NEC - older venue but last time I saw Rush there the sound was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Rush R40 Tour announced today. US Dates aonly so far ... May - August 2015. Hopefully word on European dates soon.

post_feature.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm still bitter they didn't come back to Ireland on their last European tour

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Fingers crossed we see them here again, they were incredible in the O2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

A gig in either the Odyssey or the 3PointO2 would be great - but no sign of any European dates just yet.

(London/Birmingham/Manchester/Glasgow/Liverpool/Nottingham - any of those would be fine too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

I think that I might check this gig out in the meantime. Anybody else going or seen this band before?

3874f825-b1b9-4cec-9089-46257ea4e6ee

• Advertisement

^^ There's a heap of us going to that. I know some of the band members ... unbelievable effort gone into the show - there will be video projections in a "homage" style to Rush's back screen projections, Sneak peak here :

Can't wait ... Sat night , some beers and listening to Rush tunes being played live. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I hope it was tactical to ensure a full sellout when on their next tour from that one, meaning the R40 will land into town. Would wait until next year too.

RayCon wrote: »
    ^^ There's a heap of us going to that. I know some of the band members ... unbelievable effort gone into the show - there will be video projections in a "homage" style to Rush's back screen projections, Sneak peak here :

Can't wait ... Sat night , some beers and listening to Rush tunes being played live. Excellent.

Interesting...I may need an evening pass for that one ;)

For those contemplating the 2112 Tribute .... more sneak peaks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'll be in work that Saturday unfortunately. The bass player is the dad of a lad who used to live near me when I was younger. Seen some good clips of them before. I'd say it'll be a good gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

There's four of us going to this - really looking forward to it!! And with the (unofficial) word coming out of the Rush camp that a R40 European tour is not happening, this is the only live Rush music we'll get this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I don't think I'll be able to head to the tribute :(

I'll most likely be in attendance all right.

Clacke wrote: »
    And with the (unofficial) word coming out of the Rush camp that a R40 European tour is not happening,

Where are these rumours coming from ... I hadn't heard anything .. are they saying No Euro dates at all or No Euro Dates this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The tour will be extended over 2 years. Shorter tours with breaks between. Europe early 2015.
    (Entirely my optimistic opinion)

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »
    The tour will be extended over 2 years. Shorter tours with breaks between. Europe early 2015.
    (Entirely my optimistic opinion)

Early 2016 .... otherwise your optimism is off the scale ...

Great tribute gig last night .... the boys did an excellent job, visuals were fantastic. Bloody good size crowd too ... and noisey :cool:.

Hopefully it wont too long before they play again.

Not entirely unexpected:
    RUSH's longtime manager Ray Danniels says the likelihood of the band's upcoming U.S. tour being its last is "somewhere between possible and probable" and adds that he is "focused on making [the trek] as good as it can be" in case it turns out to be RUSH's farewell.

Celebrating 40 years, RUSH confirmed in January that the "R40 Live" tour will visit 34 cities throughout North America this summer beginning May 8 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and finishing August 1 in Los Angeles, California.

RUSH drummer Neil Peart previously spoke of not wanting to leave his family for extended periods of time, while guitarist Alex Lifeson admitted that he and his bandmates got used to home life after taking a year off.

In a brand new interview with Celebrity Access, Danniels was asked if RUSH's upcoming tour will be the band's final trek or not. "Somewhere between possible and probable," he responded. "There are some of us who would keep going forever, and there are some of us who wouldn't. So it's a process of working that out. And what somebody thinks today may not be what they think in a month."

Pressed about whether he thinks the RUSH members could have a change of heart at the end of the tour, he replied: "That's possible."

He continued: “I'm focused on making this as good as it can be and then seeing where we are.

"I didn't want to do a farewell tour — there was no one in the band who wanted to do that. Nobody thinks it's that final, or thinks they won't make music or do something. But I'm probably not going to be able to get a band full of 65-year-olds out again on the road."

Danniels added: "Neil is as much an athlete as a musician, but with these three-hour length sets, I don't know if it's possible to keep up with that demand.

“They each want to go out on top in every single way — to play at the level they've been able to play.”

RUSH frontman Geddy Lee admitted in a recent interview: "It's clear we are at a point in our career that we have to slow down, and slow down dramatically." However, he expressed hope that the band could continue to record and tour with a less hectic schedule.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rush-manager-on-likelihood-of-upcoming-tour-being-bands-last-somewhere-between-possible-and-probable/#0WmqAyI9YCfOHpYB.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3 the chase

Hope they get back to Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Many articles in recent months have mentioned the difficulties each of the guys is having with touring, which is only feeding the impression that their touring days are numbered. Geddy's voice is suffering, Alex has arthritis, Neil has tendonitis, and all three would clearly be happier spending more time with their families. The news this week about Chris Squire (one of Geddy's heroes) being ill can't exactly be encouraging, either.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd be hoping they'd still do a short Euro tour just one last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Major article on Rush in Rolling Stone magazine this week, and they're on the cover for the first time ever. A lot of stuff I didn't know in there, particularly regarding Alex's health and drug use.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

As we all know Rush ain't touring anymore so what better way to get your Rush live fix than going to see one of the best Rush tribute bands out there - playing right on your doorstep.

Full 2hr+ show including visuals. :cool:

415103.JPG

^^ Set list will include (but not limited to) classic tracks from Signals , Grace Under Pressure and an epic from Permanent Waves :cool:

• Advertisement

How much are tickets, is the pertinent question?

Advertisement