Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a bracket, need help

Options
  • 15-03-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

As the title suggests I am looking for a certain type of bracket, I dunno if they make brackets of this type but I don't know where to look really so I thought I'd ask on here as some of ye might know where to(or similar) on the other to clamp to a piece of round bar, about 1/2 inch thick (12-15mm)

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

might be a bit simple but would a pipe bracket from a plumbers pipe do, does it have to be stainless or any thing

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

yog1 wrote: »
    might be a bit simple but would a pipe bracket from a plumbers pipe do, does it have to be stainless or any thing

No it doesn't have to the stainless or anything like that, it's gonna be outdoors though but I could just spray it.

Usually it's the simpliest things that work best, I'll have a look thanks!

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Get an engineering workshop to make it up for you or a u bolt

solargain wrote: »
    Get an engineering workshop to make it up for you or a u bolt

Yeah was thinking that myself but wanted to see if there was anything out there first... a u bolt? seriously? if it was as simple as that don't you think I would have thought of it already?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Your description of the problem isn't great.

A U Bolt is a good solution to having to clamp a round bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Exactly there are more than a few clamps for round bar. What do you need to do once its clamped would help with suggestions.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=round+bar+clamps&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=25sxU_6TFJCUhQfh0oDwAg&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1081&bih=584

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Your description of the problem isn't great.

A U Bolt is a good solution to having to clamp a round bar.

Sorry,

It's hard to describe what I'm looking for without making a drawing of some sort.

Basically a double sided bracket to clamp to a flat bar on one end and a round bar at the other with a universal joint connecting the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Sorry,

It's hard to describe what I'm looking for without making a drawing of some sort.

Basically a double sided bracket to clamp to a flat bar on one end and a round bar at the other with a universal joint connecting the two.

Just like your original question stated. Lol. You might need to get an engineering company make it up for you.

Advertisement