Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon TV App for Android

• 03-03-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Hi

I signed up to the BETA test app to watch tv on my mobile HTC1 . I installed it on my phone and can see all the EPG info etc but when I try to watch TV it comes up with an error message " Must be connected to a UPC network" which is crazy because I am connected

Anyone else have this issue. I dont have any contact info to raise the query with whoever looks after this test !

Dak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Anyone else testing this app ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

dak wrote: »
    Anyone else testing this app ?

How did you sign up?

Got an invite from Horizon TV. I was one of the 1200 or so who got to test the Horizon box last year

Got an invite from Horizon TV. I was one of the 1200 or so who got to test the Horizon box last year

Yeah I tested Horizon too but got no invite re the App.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hi

I signed up to the BETA test app to watch tv on my mobile HTC1 . I installed it on my phone and can see all the EPG info etc but when I try to watch TV it comes up with an error message " Must be connected to a UPC network" which is crazy because I am connected

Anyone else have this issue. I dont have any contact info to raise the query with whoever looks after this test !

Dak

Are you connected to a a UPC Broadband network via wi-fi? Its an unfortunate limitation of Horizon TV that it only works on UPC broadband networks and won't work via 3G/4G (or anyone else's broadband, for that matter). The iOS app and the website are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've been using it. Finding it a bit annoying. Streams were constantly breaking up on me, so just stopped using it. Got an update there last week, but haven't had much of a chance to try it again since.

The record feature, doesn't seem to work either. I can't select my Horizon box with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yeah, we'd appreciate a link to the .apk file that is already unidentifiable to you and would still enable feedback via in app diagnostics. ;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's little to no point. It's just barely short of useless. It acts as a better EPG than what's available on the horizon box and that's it. Channels still stutter when trying to watch a show and it still won't allow me to set anything to record from it.

So what it's intended for... it doesn't do...

It may be short of useless to you but its a waste of space on my phone.... Why do they rush to get an app out without testing and debugging it first !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

It may be short of useless to you but its a waste of space on my phone.... Why do they rush to get an app out without testing and debugging it first !

You're part of a beta test trial??????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Eh, I signed up to test it.

You're part of a beta test trial??????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I might be on a beta test but what use is that if its doesn't function and therfore there have nothing to test

You would expect basic functionality to be working before sending an app out to test and get feedback on glitches.. Thats what I meant with my comments on it been useless!

I got an e-mail from the test team about 2 weeks after getting the app saying thy new that many people couldn't use it because of an error message " you are not in a UPC network" and they would have a fix in a week.. that was about a month ago and no fix as yet

Dak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Horizon TV app is now available on the App store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgi.orionandroid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

incompatible with all of your devices....Nexus4, evo3d, CM on touchpad

??

Just installed it on my Samsung s4, looks great, easy to navigate, picture quality excellent.

Obviously the big drawback is that it's only useful on your UPC wifi but for what it is, very good app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

iknorr wrote: »
    incompatible with all of your devices....Nexus4, evo3d, CM on touchpad

??

I had the same issue, turned out I was linked to the UK Play Store as I previously tried to order a Nexus 4 via Parcel Motel before they started selling devices from the Irish play store. Trick to fixing is remove Uk address and Irish credit card from Google Wallet and then adding an Irish address + credit card....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Just installed it on my Samsung s4, looks great, easy to navigate, picture quality excellent.

Obviously the big drawback is that it's only useful on your UPC wifi but for what it is, very good app.
    Is there any stutter on it? I get about 10/20 seconds of picture then anything up to 20 mins of a frozen picture. It's actually worse than useless for me even on a Sony Xperia and a Nexus 7. Broadband coming into the house is perfect, wireless is bang on so UPC's advice is to bring the phone and tablet back to the shop and get them fixed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    It seem to be carrying on the trend of the useless Horizon box UI.

Advertisement