Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highway to Heaven

Options
  • 14-08-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever watch this TV show about an angel who, along with his human sidekick, helps people on earth?

Comments

I LOVED it! it was such a weepie, it used to be on saturday afternoon on rte1, after the incredible hulk. Id love to watch re runs of it, even the music at the start had me in tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Remember it well-Michael Landon and Victor French(Little House on the Prairie).Me Ma and big sis used to watch it on Sundays a 8pm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

MR EDWARDS!

• Administrators Posts: 13,789 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

He was Mr. Edwards in Little House on the Prairie.

He was Mark, in Highway to Heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

He was Mr. Edwards in Little House on the Prairie.

He was Mark, in Highway to Heaven.

I know. That's what I exclaimed when I saw Highway To Heaven for the first time in 1984.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seasan wrote: »
    Remember it well-Michael Landon and Victor French(Little House on the Prairie).Me Ma and big sis used to watch it on Sundays a 8pm.....

Serious memory lane time reading that and it's hard to believe that Michael Langdon is dead 22 years.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Serious memory lane time reading that and it's hard to believe that Michael Langdon is dead 22 years.:(

Is Victor French still alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Seasan wrote: »
    Is Victor French still alive?

No he died a few years ago. 2010 I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Just checked. He died 1989!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Saw an episode for a few minutes the other day. Some fella parked in a handicap spot and Jonathan told him that in so many words, it was for disabled. Other lad basically told him to f off, goes into shop and comes back out a few minutes later and the car is upside down on its roof. Big grin and wink to upstairs from Jonathan. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember there was one episode where drug smuggling bikers kill a friend of his and in the finale he sorts them out in a bar.It was the only time his character got really angry from what i recall most of the time he was really laid back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

michael landons TV show's like highway to heaven and little house on the prairie had very much a christian ethos to them

so i was kinda surprised to find out that he was actually jewish (don't mean that in a disparaging way) just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

philstar wrote: »
    michael landons TV show's like highway to heaven and little house on the prairie had very much a christian ethos to them

so i was kinda surprised to find out that he was actually jewish (don't mean that in a disparaging way) just saying

Really? I seriously thought he was a crazy christian :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭green_bow

he was an actor , not that surprising although he doesn't look jewish at all , very middle American W.A.S.P

I remember that show when I was growing up , I thought it was crap at the time and I wasn't a fussy tv viewer when I was growing up , I watched everything

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He was raised in the Jewish faith, but his mother Peggy O'Neil was from an Irish catholic family. So he was probably a Jewish-Catholic.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

He had some connection with the series Father Murphy which was shown on RTE as well in the 80's.Might have produced it.

Highway to Heaven is back!!!! On every morning at 9am on true entertainment ch 184, Am delighted! Brings back memories

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My Mum used to watch it every Saturday and end up in tears. Every Saturday evening she'd say, not bloody watching that again, too depressing. Then next week, she'd be sitting there waiting for it to come on!:)

I'm now thinking about the episode where he was trying to buy a copy of the bible from the devil or something like that, or possibly he was trying to win a sick persons soul from the devil. Anybody know what the hell I'm talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm now thinking about the episode where he was trying to buy a copy of the bible from the devil or something like that, or possibly he was trying to win a sick persons soul from the devil. Anybody know what the hell I'm talking about?

Not gonna lie. That description has made me want to watch this show now. Sounds like Spanish Train (I'm still amazed that's a Chris Dr Burgh song...)

Not gonna lie. That description has made me want to watch this show now. Sounds like Spanish Train (I'm still amazed that's a Chris Dr Burgh song...)

Ha! Now I'm thinking about Bill and Ted playing Twister with Death hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They are showing re-runs of this on True Entertainment (SKY 184).

Advertisement