Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastest Route?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Which would be faster to get to Dolier Street to Ranelagh-Charleston Road? What mode of transport would you take the Luas or Bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

Which would be faster to get to Dolier Street to Ranelagh-Charleston Road? What mode of transport would you take the Luas or Bus?

Which would be faster to get from Dolier Street to Ranelagh-Charleston Road? What mode of transport would you take the Luas or Bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Luas from St.Stephen's Green. Do I win a prize? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You've got two "to"s there. Which direction are you heading in? It will depend on timing, if there's a 44 or 61 going past at about the same time as a Luas the bus would be a bit quicker unless you're a very fast walker as it's a bit of a stroll from Stephens Green to D'Olier St (or vice versa). Will also depend on time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Much of a muchness.

Routes 44 and 61 will take you from D'Olier Street to Ranelagh Village directly, but each operates hourly.

Otherwise walk to St Stephen's Green and LUAS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Reminds me of one of those mensa puzzles from when I was a kid.

If you're on D'Olier Street 1 minute before a 61 or 44 departs then the bus wins. If you're there 1 minute afterwards then the Luas wins. Of course if you're there at 0300 one morning then it's going to depend on when the first trip of the morning is. And then of course, the red Luas never wins. Well, until they join up the lines. Still, might be easier to walk. Or get a taxi. Or provide context.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Not sure, but there's someone who looks just like you asking the same question. Have you been cloned ? Or is school back ?

z

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Buses serving Rathmines would be far more frequent than the 44 or 61 and about as frequent as the Luas.

I've a job in Ranelagh that I need to get to, never travelled there before so don't know which would be easiest. Think I'll prob go with the Luas

Luas from St.Stephen's Green. Do I win a prize? :D
    Yes my undying gratitude :)

• Advertisement

zagmund wrote: »
    Not sure, but there's someone who looks just like you asking the same question. Have you been cloned ? Or is school back ?

z

Faulty Internet connection posted it twice :/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will depend on time of day, local traffic, where on each street, etc.

The quickest ways seem to be:
    * bus routes 11, 44 and 61 make direct connections, but have poor frequency
    * bus to St Stephens Green / Harcourt and Luas to Ranelagh
    * at times, bus to Rathmines if heading for west end
    * at times, bus to Leeson Street if heading for the east end
    * Dublin Bikes from Townsend Street to Charlemont Street

Being able to check real time information would be important.
    Ciara 5 wrote: »
    I've a job in Ranelagh that I need to get to, never travelled there before so don't know which would be easiest. Think I'll prob go with the Luas
    Assuming you will be studying on D'Olier Street and not living there, if you are stating other than at D'Olier Street, the answers will be different. http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Cost wise, if you're starting your journey on another bus that will drop you off at D'olier street then a Travel90 ticket would be a good option.

Advertisement