Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus..which payment method has the best value ?

• 28-08-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Im moving to dublin shortly and I will be living near Templeogue but I will be working in the city centre, so will have to commute in and out to town every day.

I have been looking at what the cheapest option as regards travel.

What do people consider the best option, and the most value for money ?

So what would be my cheapest option is it monthly ticket ? Is it really worth it getting a Leap or smart card Card, or simply paying the cash fare ?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The cash fare is always the most expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

It depends on your situation, do you use the luas or just Dublin Bus

I've a student card so i get the 30 Day Rambler , works out the cheapest.

Also if you are working you could see if they have a tax saver scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

bazzare wrote: »
    Im moving to dublin shortly and I will be living near Templeogue but I will be working in the city centre, so will have to commute in and out to town every day.

I have been looking at what the cheapest option as regards travel.

What do people consider the best option, and the most value for money ?

So what would be my cheapest option is it monthly ticket ? Is it really worth it getting a Leap or smart card Card, or simply paying the cash fare ?

As Kenno mentioned, the best value is the use of Tax Saver tickets. You can save up to 41% on the cost of a monthly or annual ticket. Check with your employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

KD345 wrote: »
    As Kenno mentioned, the best value is the use of Tax Saver tickets. You can save up to 41% on the cost of a monthly or annual ticket. Check with your employer.

It's more than 41% because you save on PRSI/USC as well.

Advertisement