Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail - 08:05 Carlow-Heuston last Thursday - Refund question

• 28-08-2012 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Last Thursday I planned to get the 08.06 service to Dublin. I arrived in Carlow at 07.50 as its normally arrives in at 07.59. The train didn't arrive and everybody was waiting in Carlow until 09.35 for a train to arrive which was standing room only since Kilkenny and it was full leaving Carlow and more and more passengers were pushing on at Athy and Kildare. I booked the ticket online for the 08.06 and I didn't get my seat so can I claim a refund or whats the story. There was no information in Carlow for the 90 minutes at all, nothing by IR twitter or real time. A very badly handled situation. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

If you don't get your booked seat on any service you can claim a refund but on the day passengers who had any tickets for the 07.10 could claim refunds as the service was cancelled and they were 80 mins late arriving in Heuston. The 07.10 have technical problems between Waterford and Waterford West. A number of attempts were make to reslove the fault but staff couldn't fix it. The train was moved back to the station and passengers transfered onto the 07.40 which departed 30 mins late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    If you don't get your booked seat on any service you can claim a refund but on the day passengers who had any tickets for the 07.10 could claim refunds as the service was cancelled and they were 80 mins late arriving in Heuston. The 07.10 have technical problems between Waterford and Waterford West. A number of attempts were make to reslove the fault but staff couldn't fix it. The train was moved back to the station and passengers transfered onto the 07.40 which departed 30 mins late.
    There really should be immediate bus substitutions in situations like this, especially when people are relying on the service to get to work. Just cancelling the service and providing no alternative is not accectable as the next train was also very busy and could not safely cope with the extra passengers from the cancelled train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

RonanM123 wrote: »
    There was no information in Carlow for the 90 minutes at all.

Was there anybody working in the office in Carlow?Surely they would know if there was problem with the 22K in Waterford or could have made a call to see what the hold up was?I can't understand in this day and age how a load of passengers can be left on a platform like that without being told anything

Advertisement