Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pvc door with Dog flap??

Options
  • 20-05-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all, I hope this is the proper forum for this. I am looking for a pvc door with a dog flap in it. Dose anyone know of any companys that do this? I have been looking for a week now and can't find any companys that do it. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    Hi all, I hope this is the proper forum for this. I am looking for a pvc door with a dog flap in it. Dose anyone know of any companys that do this? I have been looking for a week now and can't find any companys that do it. Thanks for any help
    The only ones i have seen are after market add on's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

I don't think you can buy doors with dog flaps already inserted. You have to put them in yourself. But what's wrong with just getting up and letting your dog out yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I've put a cat flap in my pvc door. It's easy enough to drill and cut.
    About 6mm pvc front and back with a foam interior.

I'd say putting in an aftermarket dog flap would be similar.

My dog is chewing her way through the cat flap - making her own modifications!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Padjo1981 wrote: »

On the assumption you want a new door anyway, order a door with a midrail, top half say glass, and in bottom half a flat, ( not raised or moulded ) pvc panel.

You can then buy a flap, which comes with a template to cut out the panel to correct size, and its easy to fit. Talk to the door co rep, as most companies buy in the panels and should fit the flap for you in the factory, for a small charge

Advertisement