Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exotic insurnace....is there any in the republic?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Try contacting the companies that do dog and cat insurance and ask them directly (ie Allianz, 123.ie, petinsure.ie etc). However if it's for your poor birdie that you mentioned in another thread they won't cover it as it has a pre-existing condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I tried a few companies before and was told there wasn't enough demand (wanted to insure guinea pigs). I thought I saw a place that did rabbits but that's the height of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Its a joke tho dont you think. There are plenty of exotic pet owners here.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I agree- it would be great to have it but I suppose it doesn't make enough money for those insurance companies for them to provide it. After all, I've heard people say, 'it's only a hamster, I'll just buy another one rather than take it to the vet'. Nevermind that there are good people out there who want to do the best for their pet and don't have heaps of money!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Oh, it makes me so angry when I hear people say that! Grrr!

I think pet insurance can be mega expensive anyway - when I was looking around I based what they'd charge me on what they were asking for rabbits and, given that I have twelve guinea pigs, it worked out far more than I'd ever spend in a year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement