Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey to Dublin Bus - Any earlier than stated

Options
  • 29-08-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the Gorey to Dublin bus actually gets in any earlier than the advertised 08:35... it leaves at 06:50 and I would of thought that it may get in earlier?

I start work at 08:30 and am only round the corner from the drop off so a a few minutes would make a huge difference..?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If it's a Bus Éireann service (you don't say) then you could try and track it on here
    www.whensmybus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

When you say 'Dublin', which stop do you get off at?
    There is an extra service round the same time that runs non-stop Gorey-Dublin (avoiding Arklow) so that might get you in before.

If not then there are earlier bus and rail services, the 06:00 train will you have in Connolly before 8:00, while the 5:50 Wexford Bus service would have you earlier still. Might mean a bit of hanging around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Niles wrote: »
    When you say 'Dublin', which stop do you get off at?
    There is an extra service round the same time that runs non-stop Gorey-Dublin (avoiding Arklow) so that might get you in before.

If not then there are earlier bus and rail services, the 06:00 train will you have in Connolly before 8:00, while the 5:50 Wexford Bus service would have you earlier still. Might mean a bit of hanging around though.

I can't see a bus that skips Arklow, which company does this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I think the second poster is getting a little confused. The 384 (which is the BE Gorey service) does serve Arklow per the timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

All BE services from Gorey serve Arklow, Wexford Bus does not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

There is the 6.50 M-F 384 service that operates from Gorey to Dublin but in practise this doesn't necessarily go through Arklow, though the timetable suggests it does - Arklow has the 7.00 133 service in addition to the 002 Rosslare service at 7.15. I've never seen the 6.50 384 go through Arklow, possibly it's full from Gorey.

Advertisement