Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless printer

Options
  • 24-05-2016 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having issues with a wifi printer I bought a few months ago. It worked most of the time for a while, but it did involve a lot of turning on and off and messing to get it to do anything. Hopefully there's something obvious that I'm missing out on.

Printer: Epson XP-620
    Laptop: HP/Compaq Presario CQ57
    Model Number: QJ078EA#ABU
    Wireless: Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n (This is what control panel says anyway, although it doen't see wireless N networks AFAIK)
    Windows 10

The printer can connect to my WiFi (UPC Horizon box)
    The laptop is connected to the same network

I've RTFM and am still at a loss.

I would use WiFi direct instead if I could figure it out. I can connect my Ipad and smartphone to the printers Wifi direct network no problem, but the laptop doesn't even see it.

Is it possible that the laptop or wireless card doesn't support wifi direct?

Is there something obvious with setting it up through the Horizon box that I'm missing?
    The first time I used the printer and had no joy, I went to the settings on the upc box, selected "Set up home network", plugged an etheret cable into the Horizon box and the printer started working. That doesn't do it anymore though.

Any help appreciated, I will throw it at the wall otherwise. I used to be falling over printer USB cables, but they're all in hiding now, so USB isn't an option either.

Advertisement