Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline options to solve wifi problems?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, you can put the "big" homeplug where you need coverage you can connect 2 wired and 10+ wireless devices to it. If you need more wired you can also add a switch for a few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Yeah I have them. I have virgin 240mb broadband and it is good if a device is plugged in or in the same room as the modem. But upstairs, my phone won't get a signal. Concrete floors upstairs stops this I believe, but everyone I know has poor range on virgin. I have the power line plugged into the socket in the landing and everything works fine now. But you will have to manually select which network you want sometimes. In effect you will have 2 WiFi networks in your house with these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Advertisement