Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

8 year old Samsung lcd colour washed out

Options
  • 10-08-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Today my 8 year old Samsung lcd tv broke. The colour looks like it's reversed or kinda negative.

Would anyone know if it's worth fixing? I'm not big into tv's but I wouldn't mind something better. I've a pain in my bleepards these days connecting my laptop and phone to the tv with wires :-)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Sadly it sound's like the video prosser is on the way out . If flipping on the "dine" mode shows no improvement time to look for a new set
    (besides if your a Samsung mobile user the mirror cast modes fantastic on the new sets, it's also available for laptops if I remember correctly )

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

akaSol wrote: »
    Sadly it sound's like the video prosser is on the way out . If flipping on the "dine" mode shows no improvement time to look for a new set
    (besides if your a Samsung mobile user the mirror cast modes fantastic on the new sets, it's also available for laptops if I remember correctly )

>Sol
    Cheers. What's the dine mode?

Cheers. What's the dine mode?

On older sets Samsung had a DLNe noise reduction filter as optional extra where the option I believe integrated into the new sets. It's in picture settings also see if it's set for dynamic in the same menu

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

akaSol wrote: »
    On older sets Samsung had a DLNe noise reduction filter as optional extra where the option I believe integrated into the new sets. It's in picture settings also see if it's set for dynamic in the same menu

>Sol
    I flipped the dln with no real improvements. The dynamic setting was quite bad so I set that to standard. Still broken. Would it be about 100/150 to fix do you reckon? A new box would probably set me back 500 but maybe I could get it on an interest free credit deal ....

I flipped the dln with no real improvements. The dynamic setting was quite bad so I set that to standard. Still broken. Would it be about 100/150 to fix do you reckon? A new box would probably set me back 500 but maybe I could get it on an interest free credit deal ....

The panels are 50-100 sterling, the video boards are 15 to 60 sterling doing a quick search on eBay. So perhaps it's possible.

>Sol

• Advertisement
Advertisement