Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardaire Springs, Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny - Well done!

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

I brought my 10 year old son to fish at Ardaire over the bank holiday weekend. Neither him nor I know anything about fishing.....we arrived with our finest Aldi/Lidl rods!:o My son had been pestering me for ages to try fishing.

Anyway, Ned, the owner could not have been more helpful. He took loads of time to tackle us up properly, gave us bait, showed us how to fish and gave us copious amounts of tea as it was rather chilly.

Within a minute my son had caught his first ever fish and was allowed bring it home. (Beginners luck!!) To say he was chuffed is an understatement!! He caught another two and understood the rule is you have to put them back. Ned showed us how to remove the (small) hook neatly so there is no bleeding for the fish.

We came away with a lovely rainbow trout which fed the family yesterday and very happy. Two other guys fishing their - Jim and Iggy(?) - also took time from their rods to help us.

Ned's family were also on hand and gutted the fish and gave us cooking instructions before we hit for home.

We came away very happy, with my son wanting to go back next week! It is a hidden gem and would make a great tourist attraction if the welcome and help we got, as local native Irish, is anything to go by. Thanks Ned & Co. Well done.:)

Advertisement