Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candida diet: Protein

Options
  • 16-08-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,
    Iv a question about getting adequate protein on a candida diet.. I'm new to it, and am losing weight and feeling really weak.
    I have a.job which is quite physical, and am building muscle..
    I'm pescatarian but don't want to rely on only fish due to mercury concerns, is this realistic?
    I became intolerant of eggs which was disappointing...
    A food test with my kinesiologist said I can't have nuts, or any beans, Lentils are allowed and soya/tofu which most anti candida diets seem to ban? And lentils need a grain with them to be complete (am trying to ban carbs in this initial phase)

This week I tried chia seeds and wheatgrass and felt awful.. Like I had the flu, could barely get out of bed, candida symptoms worse than ever..
    Maybe a mistake to start both at same time..
    Are chia seeds enough as a protein if I keep taking them?
    What else can I eat?! Seem to be reacting to everything...
    I'm taking probiotic+ colloidal silver, and was recommended olive leaf by kinesiologist, thinking of rotating them.
    Any advice would be much appreciated..
    Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Chrisita

What about eggs, which are a very high quality protein. The candida diet is really difficult,you have my sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Have you tried Quinoa - it's very high in protein. And fish - mercury is only a problem in predatory fish really (so things like shark, marlin, tuna, swordfish) so really there isn't much problem with eating the "typical" fish species, i.e. cod, salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines and all the usual white fish types (whiting/haddock/plaice/hake, etc)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Chrisita wrote: »
    What about eggs, which are a very high quality protein. The candida diet is really difficult,you have my sympathy.

The guy just said he's intolerant to eggs!?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Chrisita

Oops,sorry. Incidently a friend believed for years that she was allergic to eggs, but it turned out not to be the case. She is allergic to penicillen and has no problem as long as the eggs are free range.

Advertisement