Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leader

• 24-02-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me how to tie a leader,the lenth and the knots for nymph fishing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Could someone please tell me how to tie a leader,the lenth and the knots for nymph fishing.

What type of nymph fishing? River or lake?

For standard upstream nymphing on the river I use a tapered leader comprising.
    3 ft of 20lb maxima clear mono.
    3 ft of 15lb maxima clear mono.
    3 ft of 8lb maxima clear mono.
    Attach the 20, 15 and 8 lb monos to each other with a figure 8 knot. I don't give a monkeys backside what anyone says it IS the BEST knot for attaching lines and forming droppers.
    To the end of the 8lb I tie a 1.5mm stainless tippet ring, to this ring I attach my tippet which is normally 0.14 to 0.12mm line.
    The tippet length depends upon river, speed of water and depth, but it's typically 4 to 6 feet long.
    I normally fish One or two nymphs or a nymph under a dry.
    If I use a dropper in fine line 0.12mm I always use a tippet ring to form the dropper, it's stronger when attached with a uni knot.

Czech and French nymphing are different set ups, but I don't bother with them that often. I prefer the set up above which works well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

I am using flurocarbon leader line and will be doing river nymphing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

I am using flurocarbon leader line and will be doing river nymphing.
    Michael Drinan Fly Fishing Ireland
    Search the above you may find it helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭realrebel

Minktrapper
    Have a look at www.troutandsalmonfishingforum.com I'm sure someone there will give u info

Advertisement