Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disney Frozen Elsa Toddler Doll £18.24 @ Amazon

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In there terms of use, they say they do not support profiteering, but will not remove ads because of it. With the specific exception of tickets

It used to be the case that any profiteering was automatically removed.
    We had several people using this forum to get items that were in short supply- think of many of the Argos threads- and then resell at vastly hiked prices on adverts.

We even had people who pleaded a case for a free Gallileo board from Microsoft- put them up on adverts the moment they arrived.

The vast majority of users in this forum- use the forum to source items at a reasonable price, for themselves. A small minority use it as a tool to mop up offers to subsequently sell on at an inflated price on Adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

It used to be the case that any profiteering was automatically removed.
    We had several people using this forum to get items that were in short supply- think of many of the Argos threads- and then resell at vastly hiked prices on adverts.

We even had people who pleaded a case for a free Gallileo board from Microsoft- put them up on adverts the moment they arrived.

The vast majority of users in this forum- use the forum to source items at a reasonable price, for themselves. A small minority use it as a tool to mop up offers to subsequently sell on at an inflated price on Adverts.

Oh believe me, I hate it, but they are Advert's rules in black and white. They are copping out imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Because if you have a child you will do anything to get them what they want for Christmas . Sites like adverts are making it easy for greedy guts to take advantage of the situation.

Reati wrote: »
    Why? This is the thing. I really dislike people who bulk buy an low stock item like this and then jack up the price to make a profit but to be honest they are not the problem. Stupid people paying stupid money for these items are the problem.

People will chance their arm to make a buck and if people are stupid enough to pay, that's there own fault and it gives it a market.

I managed to order one online and get it delivered. No fighting, no queuing, no drama (bar maybe paying more than you would in store here).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

Amlee wrote: »
    Because if you have a child you will do anything to get them what they want for Christmas . Sites like adverts are making it easy for greedy guts to take advantage of the situation.

But within 15 minutes:
    Reati wrote: »
    I managed to order one online and get it delivered. No fighting, no queuing, no drama (bar maybe paying more than you would in store here).

The thing is sold out in most shops in Ireland, but you can still get it online. A quick look at some sites have 80+ of them in stock. Some people will just pay whatever it costs to get it now (to you point about getting it for your child for xmas) without trying other avenues first.

There will be a market for people to charge above and beyond RRP and make a profit on hard to get items. It'll always be the way and the only people who can stop it are people buying the items from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I was up in Belfast today and decided to poke my head into the Disney Store, look up Japanese Train Rape simulation and that was without these dolls being in stock, I hate the capitalistic bolloxology of Christmas, if anyone really wants one of these dolls the dodgy stalls open soon on Henry Street I'm sure they will have the genuine Eliza dolls from Freezin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Was thinking of getting one of these and when my kid opens the box and sees just a tiny dress I could explain that the doll must have melted from the heat of the crissy lights. So sad!

bluemartin wrote: »

Honk Kong/China origins on these would cry scam here for me, even if they get through, customs might hold them hostage. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

Honk Kong/China origins on these would cry scam here for me, even if they get through, customs might hold them hostage. ;)

Sure The dolls are mass produced in China!!!!! I have purchased from sellers in China previously after carefully checking their customer feedback and besides you also have ebay payment protection.

You more likely to be scammed by that shower selling them on adverts for €500+. I will post back in few days when I received the doll from the buyer called rabbit something or other.

• Advertisement

They are massed produced in China and then sent to the stores officially, if you buy like this you might get caught by customs and get extra charges or messed around is all I was saying not that it was a scam.

+1 on the adverts crowd though, there you will get scammed, not by all but I don't know I sold Xbox Ones on there for €500 last year myself and had no hassle but selling a toy for up to 10 times its value is nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Sure The dolls are mass produced in China!!!!! I have purchased from sellers in China previously after carefully checking their customer feedback and besides you also have ebay payment protection.

You more likely to be scammed by that shower selling them on adverts for €500+. I will post back in few days when I received the doll from the buyer called rabbit something or other.

They omit the "Disney" logo on the box above "frozen". That usually indicates they're not the genuine ones (as well as ebay etc. they're selling frozen style dolls and similar in Tuthills, from china for 3 / 4 euro. Also other disney style toy sets with dodgy translations on the boxes with kinda manga looking snow whites pictures etc. Generally the quality isn't terrible if you're getting them that cheap and are just fillers).

They omit the "Disney" logo on the box above "frozen". That usually indicates they're not the genuine ones (as well as ebay etc. they're selling frozen style dolls and similar in Tuthills, from china for 3 / 4 euro. Also other disney style toy sets with dodgy translations on the boxes with kinda manga looking snow whites pictures etc. Generally the quality isn't terrible if you're getting them that cheap and are just fillers).

Hi just to update, I picked up frozen elsa from postoffice this morning after missing delivery man on Saturday. I can confirmed the box carrries the disney logo and she arrived well packsged in original box. Seller has now sold out, Considering the doll came all way from China that was fantastic speed from stsrt to finish. So folks my friend will have a happy little girl come Christmas. As a sidenote I read in paper yesterday that the shops will be flooded with these dolls come mid december.

Hi just an update, I picked up the doll from postoffice today after missing delivery man on Saturday. I can confirm it has disney logo on the box and doll arrived in super packaging. The seller I got her from had now sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

screamer wrote: »
    I certainly hope that this doll is not featuring on the Late Late Toy Show given that it is pretty much unavailable right now.

indeed it was. typical RTE muppetry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

The Frozen Elsa and Anna toddler dolls (not snow glow) are currently £24.99 in Amazon.
    The Anna doll is temp out of stock but can ordered.

Elsahttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Frozen-Elsa-Toddler-Doll/dp/B00GHL9VZ6
    Annahttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Frozen-31069-1-Anna-Toddler-Toy/dp/B00JRYH2L0

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Hi just to update, I picked up frozen elsa from postoffice this morning after missing delivery man on Saturday. I can confirmed the box carrries the disney logo and she arrived well packsged in original box. Seller has now sold out, Considering the doll came all way from China that was fantastic speed from stsrt to finish. So folks my friend will have a happy little girl come Christmas. As a sidenote I read in paper yesterday that the shops will be flooded with these dolls come mid december.

Hi just an update, I picked up the doll from postoffice today after missing delivery man on Saturday. I can confirm it has disney logo on the box and doll arrived in super packaging. The seller I got her from had now sold out

Great news :) glad to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

sweetie wrote: »
    indeed it was. typical RTE muppetry

I was actually VERY annoyed about how that was dealt with, with the kid talking all about the mothers in the toyshop and the gards being called.
    My little 5 year old already wrote to Santa for her presents, so asked me why were mammies fighting about toys in a Toy Shop, wouldn't Santa have all the toys that are needed......... MUPPETS is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

I ordered 22nd from the states. This is iten number to enter in 181599925878 ebay.com €60 delivered from the states. Has disney logo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

In case anyone is stuck for one of these dolls and cannot get their hands on one - there was a guy selling these in the Balbriggan market last week. No idea if they were the genuine article as I don't need one but they were boxed and looked pretty well made. He had the range of dolls. Don't know how much they were but if you're really stuck you could check it out. He'll probably be there again this Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

We got ours from toys 'r' us in the uk.

Got it thru their website last week

In case anyone is stuck for one of these dolls and cannot get their hands on one - there was a guy selling these in the Balbriggan market last week. No idea if they were the genuine article as I don't need one but they were boxed and looked pretty well made. He had the range of dolls. Don't know how much they were but if you're really stuck you could check it out. He'll probably be there again this Sunday.

be careful with the market stuff

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/540405/Frozen-toys-fake-Elsa-doll-seized-Trading-Standards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

It wasn't the snow globe doll, just the ordinary ones. Seemed well made from the quick look I gave it.

Advertisement