Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Disney Frozen Elsa Toddler Doll £18.24 @ Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ulnar

Adverts are allowing that crap?
    I thought price-gouging, ticket touting etc- were all verbotten?
    If they've lowered themselves to that level, I'm cancelling my account.

The advert mods actually jumped on the ads last night and defend the right of the seller to sell for such an over inflated price. Yet they remove all ads when it comes to concert ticket touting.total double standards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭screamer

Selling Argos Reservation codes for them in the UK
    Well, tis the season to be crazy, and I agree, what a meh looking doll.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ulnar wrote: »
    The advert mods actually jumped on the ads last night and defend the right of the seller to sell for such an over inflated price. Yet they remove all ads when it comes to concert ticket touting.total double standards

Ticket touting and selling these for 150- are one and the same.
    All involved should be ashamed of themselves.
    Myself- I'm counting myself lucky- my little girl has told me she wants an owl for Christmas. The guys in the Art and Hobby shop have ordered me in a large Ty (Beanie Baby) 3 foot tall pink tawny owl. Yes- it'll be taller than her- and yes, she is going to insist on bringing it to bed with her- but so what- it'll last a lot longer than one of these Frozen dolls.......

Myself- I'm counting myself lucky- my little girl has told me she wants an owl for Christmas. The guys in the Art and Hobby shop have ordered me in a large Ty (Beanie Baby) 3 foot tall pink tawny owl. Yes- it'll be taller than her- and yes, she is going to insist on bringing it to bed with her- but so what- it'll last a lot longer than one of these Frozen dolls.......

I purchased one last month for my little girl and didn't realize how popular they have become. I managed to order a few for family members who are at their wits end trying to locate them. Thank god for my Amazon addiction.

That's pretty an amazing toy for your little one, would love one myself

Ulnar wrote: »
    That's pretty an amazing toy for your little one, would love one myself

They don't stock them- but can order them individually (they're 130 each).
    Pop me your e-mail address by PM and I'll e-mail a photo of it to you (I've hidden it in the shower in our en-suite)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

tipperary wrote: »
    I managed to get two of the snow glows from Toys R' Us in the UK, found stock using this site. Got delivered through parcel motel, but did get stuck for €21 of oversize charges from parcel motel. Still though got the two for about €120 give or take.

Toys R'Us seem to get some in stock, before they are gone a minute or two later. You need to set up an account with them first. If you wait until the items are in your shopping cart before registering, the items will be out of stock by the time you try to buy.

My wife got one delivered yesterday from Toys R' Us in the UK and it was free delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Let it Go
    Let it Go
    Let it Go for an extortionate amount

They don't stock them- but can order them individually (they're 130 each).
    Pop me your e-mail address by PM and I'll e-mail a photo of it to you (I've hidden it in the shower in our en-suite)

It's brilliant, thanks a mil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I have zero sympathy for anyone who can't get this doll. Anyone with half a brain cell would have got it in September or October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Done deal are removing any ad that's looking for crazy money for these dolls think adverts should do the same. Some one selling one for 250 and the adverts mods sticking up for him . Absolute madness deleting my adverts account

• Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I have zero sympathy for anyone who can't get this doll. Anyone with half a brain cell would have got it in September or October.

Or told their child they can't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭fdevine

The scandalous scenes in Smyths Airside made the newspapers apparently. Animalistic behaviour fuelled by the idiot managers decision not to employ a first come first served policy.

From what I hear, at least Smyths in Blanchardstown got it right and issued tickets.

Argos are getting some of the stock they promised but didn't deliver on. Checklists, including names & phone numbers, being checked by management in store with people being warned to keep the dolls covered until safely home.

It's awful what happened at the toy shop, but I can't help but have visions of people pulling the box between them
    "Let it Go", "no, you Let it Go", "no, you Let it Go".......

To be fair, this doll is aimed at the under 6's who, let's face it, don't have their mind a moment. Many of them would only think about wanting it when seeing it on the TV or Toy Catalogues.

I certainly hope that this doll is not featuring on the Late Late Toy Show given that it is pretty much unavailable right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Anyone still looking for it should try the other european Amazon sites like the French one to see if they'll deliver to ireland and check doll sings in English

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

screamer wrote: »
    To be fair, this doll is aimed at the under 6's who, let's face it, don't have their mind a moment. Many of them would only think about wanting it when seeing it on the TV or Toy Catalogues.

I certainly hope that this doll is not featuring on the Late Late Toy Show given that it is pretty much unavailable right now.

Oh it will don't you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Reati

Amlee wrote: »
    Done deal are removing any ad that's looking for crazy money for these dolls think adverts should do the same. Some one selling one for 250 and the adverts mods sticking up for him . Absolute madness deleting my adverts account

Why? This is the thing. I really dislike people who bulk buy an low stock item like this and then jack up the price to make a profit but to be honest they are not the problem. Stupid people paying stupid money for these items are the problem.

People will chance their arm to make a buck and if people are stupid enough to pay, that's there own fault and it gives it a market.

I managed to order one online and get it delivered. No fighting, no queuing, no drama (bar maybe paying more than you would in store here).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any chance the toy show will give away one to everybody in the audience, then there will be mass brawl like scenes outside the studios after :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

In there terms of use, they say they do not support profiteering, but will not remove ads because of it. With the specific exception of tickets

• Advertisement

In there terms of use, they say they do not support profiteering, but will not remove ads because of it. With the specific exception of tickets

It used to be the case that any profiteering was automatically removed.
    We had several people using this forum to get items that were in short supply- think of many of the Argos threads- and then resell at vastly hiked prices on adverts.

We even had people who pleaded a case for a free Gallileo board from Microsoft- put them up on adverts the moment they arrived.

The vast majority of users in this forum- use the forum to source items at a reasonable price, for themselves. A small minority use it as a tool to mop up offers to subsequently sell on at an inflated price on Adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

It used to be the case that any profiteering was automatically removed.
    We had several people using this forum to get items that were in short supply- think of many of the Argos threads- and then resell at vastly hiked prices on adverts.

We even had people who pleaded a case for a free Gallileo board from Microsoft- put them up on adverts the moment they arrived.

The vast majority of users in this forum- use the forum to source items at a reasonable price, for themselves. A small minority use it as a tool to mop up offers to subsequently sell on at an inflated price on Adverts.

Oh believe me, I hate it, but they are Advert's rules in black and white. They are copping out imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Because if you have a child you will do anything to get them what they want for Christmas . Sites like adverts are making it easy for greedy guts to take advantage of the situation.

Reati wrote: »
    Why? This is the thing. I really dislike people who bulk buy an low stock item like this and then jack up the price to make a profit but to be honest they are not the problem. Stupid people paying stupid money for these items are the problem.

People will chance their arm to make a buck and if people are stupid enough to pay, that's there own fault and it gives it a market.

I managed to order one online and get it delivered. No fighting, no queuing, no drama (bar maybe paying more than you would in store here).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Reati

Amlee wrote: »
    Because if you have a child you will do anything to get them what they want for Christmas . Sites like adverts are making it easy for greedy guts to take advantage of the situation.

But within 15 minutes:
    Reati wrote: »

The thing is sold out in most shops in Ireland, but you can still get it online. A quick look at some sites have 80+ of them in stock. Some people will just pay whatever it costs to get it now (to you point about getting it for your child for xmas) without trying other avenues first.

There will be a market for people to charge above and beyond RRP and make a profit on hard to get items. It'll always be the way and the only people who can stop it are people buying the items from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I was up in Belfast today and decided to poke my head into the Disney Store, look up Japanese Train Rape simulation and that was without these dolls being in stock, I hate the capitalistic bolloxology of Christmas, if anyone really wants one of these dolls the dodgy stalls open soon on Henry Street I'm sure they will have the genuine Eliza dolls from Freezin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Was thinking of getting one of these and when my kid opens the box and sees just a tiny dress I could explain that the doll must have melted from the heat of the crissy lights. So sad!

bluemartin wrote: »

Honk Kong/China origins on these would cry scam here for me, even if they get through, customs might hold them hostage. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

Honk Kong/China origins on these would cry scam here for me, even if they get through, customs might hold them hostage. ;)

Sure The dolls are mass produced in China!!!!! I have purchased from sellers in China previously after carefully checking their customer feedback and besides you also have ebay payment protection.

You more likely to be scammed by that shower selling them on adverts for €500+. I will post back in few days when I received the doll from the buyer called rabbit something or other.

• Advertisement

They are massed produced in China and then sent to the stores officially, if you buy like this you might get caught by customs and get extra charges or messed around is all I was saying not that it was a scam.

+1 on the adverts crowd though, there you will get scammed, not by all but I don't know I sold Xbox Ones on there for €500 last year myself and had no hassle but selling a toy for up to 10 times its value is nasty.

Advertisement